Job Description SummaryIn this role, the Advance Machining Development Engineer will identify, develop, industrialize, and globalize machining and tooling processes & technologies for the gas turbine repair services network and new make supply chain. This person will coordinate with cross-functional teams to drive conventional and non-conventional machining processes that will enable contractual services productivity & fulfillment, transactional services growth, & new unit productivity & fulfillment for a variety of industrial gas turbine components.
In this role, the Advance Machining Development Engineer will identify, develop, industrialize, and globalize machining and tooling processes & technologies for the gas turbine repair services network and new make supply chain. This person will coordinate with cross-functional teams to drive conventional and non-conventional machining processes that will enable contractual services productivity & fulfillment, transactional services growth, & new unit productivity & fulfillment for a variety of industrial gas turbine components.
- Manage the development and global industrialization of new machining processes and technologies that will be utilized in multiple services and new make sites around the globe.
- Provide technical guidance for engineers and specialist in the global service centers and new make sites in the execution of design, or evaluation of assigned projects using sound engineering practices and adhering to business standards, practices, procedures, and product / program requirements.
- Assure all machining and tooling processes meet required specifications, considering the quality and productivity aspects for these technologies in the global service centers and new make sites.
- Interface with other organizations such as Sourcing, RVS, global Engineering, MPE, VE and Systems to drive productivity savings.
- Deliver processes to meet service programs, repair & new unit fulfillment and NPI initiatives, for both CS and Transactional markets.
- Utilize lean-manufacturing values and participate in action workouts to improve process capability, reduce overall costs, and increase capacity.
- Outline resource planning needs to meet prioritized needs across new make and services locations.
- Recommend approaches to meet the technical and program requirements
- Maintain schedules for the project deliverables.
- Communicate progress to all levels of the organization.
- Design and build / procure necessary tooling and finishing within budgets
- Assist with equipment upgrades from purchase through installation
- Conduct cost/benefit assessments for possible changes to processes and/or equipment
- Assure proper documentation of technical data generated for the assigned projects and/or tasks consistent with engineering policies and procedures
- Bachelor of Science in Engineering, Mathematics, or equivalent years of direct experience
- Between 5-8 additional years of experience in an engineering position
- Prior experience with machine programming, setting up equipment and machining operations such as milling, grinding, fast hole EDM, sinker EDM
- Strong CAD/CAM Skills, proven ability to translate 3D models into tool movement and machine movement that achieves design goals.
- Basic Geometric Dimensioning & Tolerancing practices
- Prior manufacturing process improvement experience especially Machine installation and maintenance experience
- Ability to read engineering drawings and specification
- Product expertise in gas turbine or aviation turbomachinery
- Ability to manage priorities and achieve results
- Prior exposure to and knowledge of Lean Manufacturing
- Strong communication skills
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Understands business goals and drives specific tasks required to meet those goals
- Able to interface effectively with all levels of the organization and external customers
- Knowledge of special processes, such as brazing, welding, machining, chemical cleaning, coating, and tooling design and manufacturing
- Additional experience in manufacturing and/or component repair for Industrial gas turbine, steam turbines, generators, or Aero engines
Additional Job Description
Relocation Assistance Provided: No