Description de l'offre
Aviation Supply Chain
The Production Supervision Manager will manage the daily operations of CMC plant to ensure reliability and consistency on the production line. The chosen applicant will provide leadership fostering a culture of continuous improvement and teaming to meet all safety, quality, delivery, cost, and performance goals for the products.
In addition, the role of Production Supervision Manager will:
· Oversight and management of front-line manufacturing employees
· Typically managing hourly employee populations
· Expected to resolve problems through the application of acquired expertise guided by precedent
· Works together with people from the business unit
· Contacts are under guidance and/or geared towards specifying activities, planning of activities and giving explanations on technical issues
· Communicates with direct team and supervisor
· Presents to internal teams on metrics, project status and research
· Motivate team(s) to achieve goals in asset utilization, process and manufacturing loss improvement, delivered quality, delivery, and cost reduction
· Work closely with team(s) to understand business and financial metrics to enhance individual and team skills
· Encourage an environment of continuous improvement for all assigned products and processes
· Effectively communicate key issues to the team
· Ensure fair and consistent application of company and departmental policies and practices
· Bachelor's degree from an accredited university or college (or a high school diploma / GED with a minimum of 4 years of experience in Manufacturing)
· Minimum of 3 years of experience in a manufacturing, operations and/or leadership role
· Strong oral and written communication skills
· Strong interpersonal and leadership skills (including experience directly leading people)
· Ability to work independently
· Strong problem solving skills
Unison Engine Components is located in Asheville, NC. We are a leading supplier of close tolerance, complex, rotating, thin wall aero-engine components from premium grade materials. Products include disks, shafts, forward outer seals, cooling plates, blade-retainers, rotating air seals and heat shields. With over 50 years of experience, we have earned a reputation for the highest quality. We use cutting-edge techniques, such as abrasive flow process, shot peening, abrasive waterjet cutting and dual plane balancing to enhance efficiency and minimize costs.Come learn more about our area!
To stay connected with exciting news and the latest job opportunities from GE businesses,follow us on Twitter!
AtGE Aviation , we are imagination at work. Whether we’re manufacturing components for our GEnx engines or driving innovation in fuel and noise reduction, the GE Aviation teams are dedicated to turning imaginative ideas into advances in aviation that solve some of the world’s toughest problems. Join us and you’ll find yourself in a dynamic environment where our ongoing, substantial investment in
research and development keeps us moving forward and looking ahead. At GE, developing people is embedded in our culture and integral to our growth. Here you’ll work collaboratively and across functions with the highest caliber talent, utilizing cutting-edge technology and processes. Whether it’s the next generation of ecomagination products or the future of aircraft engines, we’ve got the state-of-the-art resources to make those innovations a reality. If you’re
passionate about aviation and looking for a career rich with challenges and unlimited opportunities for growth and advancement, then join GE in reengineering the sky through aviation innovations that will impact the globe for generations to come.Learn More about GE
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is anEqual Opportunity Employer . Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, gender (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, veteran status or any other characteristics protected by law.
Additional Eligibility Qualifications
GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening. This role is restricted to U.S. persons (i.e., U.S. citizens, permanent residents, and other protected individuals under the Immigration and Naturalization Act, 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3)) due to access to export-controlled technology. GE will require proof of status prior to employment.