Sales Assistant - Membership Department
6 - 9 Month Internship starting in July 2018
About the French Chamber
The Membership Department ‘s main role is to grow the French Chamber’s membership base and connect representatives from our more than 600 members companies with one another, creating opportunities within the French Chamber’s dynamic and multicultural network.
By understanding our members’ needs, we are able to support them on strategic projects and help them increase their business network through personal introductions during events.
As an intern within this Department your responsibilities will include:
Sales : Assist in researching new and managing existing members
• Assist the Head of Membership and Membership Team in prospecting new members: identify potential members and create a database of potential members with accurate contact details
• Prepare the ‘Packs’ and briefs for meetings with potential or existing members
• Update the CRM
• Process daily ‘sales’ administration
• Draft correspondence: mailings new members with welcome letters, renewal letters, overdue payments calls, etc.
• Send communication to members
• Classify and file membership documents for each member
• Answer phone and e-mail enquiries
Marketing & Communication
• Assist the Membership Team in marketing projects that contribute to increasing member loyalty: brochures, industrial sectors list, vouchers…
• Benchmark other membership organisations
• Produce the ‘new members’ page for INFO magazine and ‘new members section’ for the monthly newsletter
• Update the membership tab on the French Chamber website and communicate about our new members on social media (update of logo, etc.)
Project Management : Member to Member Offers
The Member Offers programme allows members the opportunity to offer a discounted rate on their products or services to fellow members, in order to attract new clients and to benefit from FREE visibility. This year’s programme currently features nearly 60 exclusive offers
• Target and negotiate offers with members companies
• Gather up-to-date information for each member (text, logo, etc.)
• Follow up by phone and by email
• Ensure general support to the Membership Department
• Liaise with the other departments of the French Chamber
• Update the documents used by the Membership Department
• Perform other administrative tasks when required
• Cover the Chamber’s reception at lunchtime (1 hour a week) and during the receptionist’s holidays.
• Helping in the organisation of events to welcome guests and speakers and occasionally assist the rest of the team at some networking events or dinners.