6 - 9 Month Internship starting in July 2018
The French Chamber of Commerce in Great Britain is looking for an intern to work in the Publications and Communications Department. The main responsibilities of this role are helping to produce the Chamber’s bi-monthly magazine INFO, compiling press reviews and assisting with corporate communications.
INFO Magazine is the only Franco-British business publication in the UK. INFO covers the latest news and developments in key industries, interviews key players in the Franco-British business and political worlds, all the while inviting contributions from French and British experts in their field or sector of activity.
1) INFO Magazine:
• In charge of all the research around INFO Focus themes.
• Liaise with Editor in Chief in order to propose a draft running order prior to the editorial Committee
• The membership and publications departments, identify the potential members who can be invited to the Editorial Committees. Contact them, and do the follow up.
• Organisation of the editorial committees (Booking of the room, preparation of name badges and of all the docs needed)
• Ensure a minimum of 12 participants to each editorial committee
• Assist the Editor in Chief in liaising with various contributors, chasing articles and making sure that deadlines are respected. Update retro planning
• In charge of the Culture section (exhibitions, books etc.) and the Chamber shorties’ section
• Collation of news for SME & Start-ups section
• Assist Corporate Communications Executive to collate Company News
• Create excel table with all companies featured in the magazine and contact names + take care of sending extra copies to these members
• Write articles for the magazine
2) Promotion & Visibility of all publications
• Be responsible for the effective implementation of the publication’s distribution (keeping and updating of the distribution database and subscribers database, production of labels, mailing out and organisation of bulk deliveries).
• Assist with the development of all publications distribution (management of existing distribution channels and proactive look out of new distribution points for INFO magazine, Business Guides, etc.). Follow up of existing distribution points (libraries, etc.)
• Prepare extra lists of distribution for each issue of INFO based on the focus
• Update of the Chamber’s CRM for each article and advertisement published in INFO
• Update Publications’ procedures
• Weekly Press review
• Press reviews on specific subjects or sectors of activities
• Assist with the Monthly newsletter and INFO newsletter
• Create flat plan of running order
3) Corporate Communication
• Assist on press relations and newsletters
• Support the presence of the Chamber on its social media platforms