At EY, you’ll have the chance to build a career as unique as you are, with the global scale, support, inclusive culture and technology to become the best version of you. And we’re counting on your unique voice and perspective to help EY become even better, too. Join us and build an exceptional experience for yourself, and a better working world for all.
Our Assurance group is one of the most trusted, respected and influential organisations in the industry. As part of our team, you will provide peace of mind to clients by using your skills and experience to give companies, investors and regulators confidence in the validity of financial statements and business-critical information or processes. Groups (or, as we call them, sub-service lines) within Assurance include External Audit, Climate Change and Sustainability Services, Financial Accounting Advisory Services and Fraud Investigation & Dispute Services.
You’ll experience ongoing professional development through diverse experiences, world-class learning and individually tailored coaching. That’s how we develop outstanding leaders who team to deliver on our promises to all of our stakeholders, and in so doing, play a critical role in building a better working world for our people, for our clients and for our communities. Sound interesting? Well this is just the beginning. Because whenever you join, however long you stay, the exceptional EY experience lasts a lifetime.
Your key responsibilities
You will be an integral and trusted member of the Assurance team where you will perform dual roles in helping drive data analytics and automation solutions for the business and supporting audit work. As such, be expected to actively engage the business to identify improvement and innovation opportunities and at the same time partake in external audits to better understand the audit process. In doing so, you will play an important role in improving the quality of the audits and enhancing the value we bring to our internal and external clients.
Periodically, you may also be assisting with the design and contents of our internal newsletter.
Skills and attributes for success
· Passion in analytics (including visualization) and automation
· Strong interpersonal and problem-solving skills
· Strong written, verbal communication and presentation skills
· Work effectively as a team member, sharing responsibility, providing support, maintaining communication and updating team members on progress
· Demonstrate professionalism and competence in the audit client's environment and with the use of technology
· Integrity within a professional environment
To qualify for the role you must have
· Minimum a degree in Accountancy, Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Information Studies, Analytics related studies (or as majors)
· Data analytics (including visualization) / data management knowledge or experience
· Strong project management skill
· Prior audit experience is not required
Ideally, you’ll also have
· Knowledge with Alteryx and Power BI
· Some programming knowledge (e.g. SQL, VBA, Python or R)
· Prior experience in automation (including RPA)
· Innovative and client-centric mindset
What we look for
Highly motivated individuals with excellent problem-solving skills and the ability to prioritize shifting workloads in a rapidly changing industry. An effective communicator, you’ll be a confident team player that collaborates with people from various teams while looking to develop your career in a dynamic organization.
What we offer
EY offers a competitive remuneration package where you’ll be rewarded for your individual and team performance . Plus, we offer:
· Continuous learning: You’ll develop the mindset and skills to navigate whatever comes next.
· Success as defined by you: We’ll provide the tools and flexibility, so you can make a meaningful impact, your way.
· Transformative leadership: We’ll give you the insights, coaching and confidence to be the leader the world needs.
· Diverse and inclusive culture: You’ll be embraced for who you are and empowered to use your voice to help others find theirs.
If you can demonstrate that you meet the criteria above, please contact us as soon as possible.
The exceptional EY experience. It’s yours to build.
EY | Building a better working world
EY exists to build a better working world, helping to create long-term value for clients, people and society and build trust in the capital markets.
Enabled by data and technology, diverse EY teams in over 150 countries provide trust through assurance and help clients grow, transform and operate.
Working across assurance, consulting, law, strategy, tax and transactions, EY teams ask better questions to find new answers for the complex issues facing our world today.