Working as the firm’s VAT accountant, you will be responsible for performing the main VAT return as well as some smaller VAT returns. You will be responsible for ensuring that the data that flows into the VAT returns is as accurate as possible. You will also support the UK&I General Ledger Team where necessary to help achieve team and individual goals. You will be required to consistently deliver high levels of customer service, participate in continuous improvements initiatives and proactively seek improvements.
Your key responsibilities
· Compile the VAT return for the main UK entity as well as some of the smaller entities (including Jersey GST)
· Perform partial exemption and capital goods scheme adjustments
· Payments to tax authorities
· Reconciliations of the VAT balance sheet account
· Complete various VAT journal entries
· Perform monthly audits of sub-ledger data (i.e. Billing & AP) to ensure accuracy of VAT return data
· Support the General Ledger team where necessary (including balance sheet & bank recs, journal entries and PSA/Tax Pack reporting)
Skills and attributes for success
· Strong analytical and numeracy skills, with a high degree of accuracy and attention to detail
· Keen to learn quickly, be proactive and share knowledge
· Works well under pressure – needs to be able to cope with pressure as this is a diverse team covering a number of different processes and a number of different deadlines. Must be able to prioritise own workload
· Team oriented – work as part of a team to ensure that the team reaches its deadlines, even when this may have an impact on your own workload
· Excellent written, oral and virtual communication skills with the confidence to deliver presentations, training material and knowledge sharing
· Continuous improvement mindset with the ability to thrive in and adapt to a fast changing, growing and high activity environment
To qualify for the role you must have
· Experience - Minimum of 2 years’ experience in a similar supporting role
· Good Knowledge of Excel – must be able to manipulate spreadsheet including sort, sum, subtotalling and creating pivot tables.
· Experience working with customers remotely and working under pressure
· Ability to apply knowledge or take a fresh perspective to solve problems and issues that arise
· Time management skills – able to plan and manage time effectively and flexibly to deal with key priorities
· Excellent oral and written communication skills
Ideally, you’ll also have
· Have experience in a customer support role
· Be innovative, confident and creative thinker with the ability to think on your feet, use initiative and judgement to make informed decisions
· Have experience in working for a professional service or consultancy environment
What we look for
You will be a trusted business advisor with a passion for providing exceptional client service whilst maintaining high levels of customer service for internal stakeholders.
What working at EY offers
We offer a competitive remuneration package where you’ll be rewarded for your individual and team performance. Our comprehensive Total Rewards package includes support for flexible working and career development, and with FlexEY you can select benefits that suit your needs, covering holidays, health and well-being, insurance, savings and a wide range of discounts, offers and promotions. Plus, we offer:
· Support, coaching and feedback from some of the most engaging colleagues around
· Opportunities to develop new skills and progress your career
· The freedom and flexibility to handle your role in a way that’s right for you
EY is committed to being an inclusive employer and we are happy to consider flexible working arrangements. We strive to achieve the right balance for our people, enabling us to deliver excellent client service whilst allowing you to build your career without sacrificing your personal priorities. While our client-facing professionals can be required to travel regularly, and at times be based at client sites, our flexible working arrangements can help you to achieve a lifestyle balance.
As a global leader in assurance, tax, transaction and advisory services, we’re using the finance products, expertise and systems we’ve developed to build a better working world. That starts with a culture that believes in giving you the training, opportunities and creative freedom to make things better. Whenever you join, however long you stay, the exceptional EY experience lasts a lifetime. And with a commitment to hiring and developing the most passionate people, we’ll make our ambition to be the best employer by 2020 a reality.
If you can confidently demonstrate that you meet the criteria above, please contact us as soon as possible.
Join us in building a better working world.
About Ernst & Young
Ernst & Young, désormais nommé EY, est l'un des premiers cabinets d'audit au monde. Il est spécialisé en audit financier et conseil comptable, en droit et fiscalité, en conseil (en management, en stratégie, marketing et innovation, en technologie), et en transactions. EY, dont les origines remontent aux années 1890, est aujourd'hui présent dans le monde entier avec près de 175 000 collaborateurs. Ces derniers sont spécialisés dans 26 domaines d'activité, de l'automobile aux télécommunications en passant par la grande distribution, la banque ou encore l'assurance.
Régulièrement présent sur les forums des universités, écoles de commerce et écoles d'ingénieurs, EY propose tous les ans environ 500 offres de stages, et embauche également de jeunes diplômés pour ses 737 bureaux dans le monde (dont 14 en France) pour des postes d'auditeur financier, consultant (SI, stratégie, transactions, conseil financier) ou encore avocat débutant.