At EY, you’ll have the chance to build a career as unique as you are, with the global scale, support, inclusive culture and technology to become the best version of you. And we’re counting on your unique voice and perspective to help EY become even better, too. Join us and build an exceptional experience for yourself, and a better working world for all.
Treasury is responsible for management of strategic funding and financial risk including liquidity risk, foreign exchange risk and interest rate risk for both the Australian and New Zealand firms. This provides an interesting and interactive microcosm of broad Treasury activities in dealing with local banks and with Global EY entities. With revenue of over $1.8b, loan facilities of over $300m and staff of over 8,000 this role will provide you with the opportunity of hands on growth in a highly sought-after employer.
Your key responsibilities
The EY Oceania Treasury team, based in Sydney, seeks a Treasury Analyst to support activities of the Treasury Manager and Treasury Director. This is a Core Business Activity rather than a client facing role; thus, our clients are internal stakeholders.
· Support daily cash flow funding and loan management activities
· Assist with Treasury transactional activities, reports, month end Treasury reconciliations, journals, profit/loss commentary and budgets
· Be highly motivated to learn about foreign exchange and interest rate risk management and be supported in undertaking external Treasury related studies as you develop your expertise and career.
This is an entry level position in the engine room of the businesses primarily recording and managing the daily, weekly and monthly cash flows accurately and with insight. As you gain confidence and efficiency you will then learn other Treasury aspects and take ownership of some activities currently performed by the Treasury Manager.
Skills and attributes for success
To qualify for the role you must have
Opportunity to, in the future, undertake external Treasury study with a recognised professional body such as FINSIA or the Australian Corporate Treasury Association.
· 6 to 18 months experience in a commercial or corporate treasury environment, bank, foreign exchange retailer or chartered accounting firm.
· Intermediate or strong Excel skills with a desire to develop them further and enjoy using the software tool effectively.
Ideally, you’ll also have
Partially of fully completed a:
· University degree in commerce, business, finance or mathematical field.
· graduate level education and/or
· professional certification
What we offer
· Success as defined by you : We’ll provide the tools and flexibility, so you can make a meaningful impact, your way.
· Continuous learning : personalised career development including coaching, experiences andformal learning so you’ll develop the mindset and skills you’ll need to thrive in the future.
· Diverse and inclusive culture : You’ll be embraced for who you are and empowered to use your voice to help others find theirs.
At EY, you’ll be rewarded and recognised based on your performance and our comprehensivebenefits package can be tailored to your individual needs.
We hold a collective commitment to foster an environment where all differences are valued and respected, practices are equitable, and everyone experiences a sense of belonging. If you require any adjustments to the recruitment process in order to equitably participate, we encourage you to advise us at the time of application firstname.lastname@example.org or phone+61 3 8650 7788(option 4).
We understand the importance of social distancing at this time so our recruitment and onboarding process may be managed virtually so we can continue to prioritise the safety and wellbeing of EY people, clients, guests and the broader public.
The exceptional EY experience. It’s yours to build.
EY | Building a better working world
The preferred applicant will be subject to employment screening by EY or by their external third party provider.
© 2021 Ernst & Young Australia. All Rights Reserved. Liability limited by a scheme approved under Professional Standards Legislation.
EY exists to build a better working world, helping to create long-term value for clients, people and society and build trust in the capital markets.
Enabled by data and technology, diverse EY teams in over 150 countries provide trust through assurance and help clients grow, transform and operate.
Working across assurance, consulting, law, strategy, tax and transactions, EY teams ask better questions to find new answers for the complex issues facing our world today.