To achieve the EY Vision and Tax Service Line business objectives, the Global Tax network and GDS Tax executes projects and initiatives on a periodic basis. As EY aims to achieve effectiveness and efficiency in order to provide sustainable value to our global network and clients, GDS Tax is at the core of EY’s most notable transformation projects. The GDS Tax team has been established to supplement the PMO talent shortage in our global Tax network and within GDS for the efficient and effective delivery of these projects. As a core member within the GDS Tax team, the candidate will work closely with Project Leaders across the organization to design and implement solutions to improve and accelerate the delivery of projects and transformation initiatives. The candidate will be responsible for managing projects (end to end or parts of projects) for internal GDS and wider global network clients. Candidate will be expected to have experience in managing big budget programs / projects. Role will also include establishing, maintaining, and strengthening business function relationships.
· Contributes as an effective team member and takes accountability for deliverables
· Creates value to clients independently- bringing good project and change management skills and past client experiences
· Deploys consulting best practice knowledge and techniques when undertaking work
· Performs rapid assessment of current landscape for clients and is able to provide insights around hypotheses and solutions
· Leads the smooth delivery of the project/program outcomes
· Develops and manages knowledge for use across projects
· Handle logistic requirements for not team (s) not less than 1000 members across various locations.
· Handle EA responsibilities for leadership
· Drives teams to manage the workflow and lead any events/ Client visits planned for the teams.
· Contribute as an effective GDS Tax operations team member and takes accountability for deliverables
· Monitor and report against SLAs/KPI’s of self.
· Contribute ideas for any process improvement to the supervisor and discuss feasibility of implementation.
· Experience in scoping projects and successfully managing business expectations and requirements.
· Demonstrates an understanding of, and sensitivity to stakeholders needs.
· Good judgment, tact and decision-making ability.
· Good analytical and critical thinking skills.
· Flexibility to adjust to multiple demands, shifting priorities, ambiguity and rapid change.
· Previous experience in managing several project initiatives simultaneously.
· Understanding of standard project methodologies re project initiation, current state analysis, future state design, implementation and project transition/close.
· Ability to manage ambiguity and the political aspects of change.
· Strong project management skills and knowledge.
· Ability to build and maintain good working relationship across many different functions and organization levels.
· Excellent written, oral and presentation communication and stakeholder engagement skills.
· Ability to work and team with a multitude of different people and different cultures.
· Ability to travel and conduct multi-time zone meetings outside of local business hours.
· Strong MS Office skills – Excel, Word, Power Point, Visio and MS Project.
· No requirement for sector/industry specialization.
· EY Tax leadership across geographies
· Engagement teams around the world
· GDS Tax Leadership, Tax Sub service line teams and support function
Competencies and Skills:
· 2-3 years of operational experience
· Good verbal and written communication skills.
· Advanced knowledge of MS Excel and PowerPoint
· Excellent teaming and interpersonal skills
· Positive attitude and ability to excel under tight timelines.
· Operational experience and calendar management experience will be preferred
· Team player, with the ability to multi-task, flexible and can work under pressure.
· Commitment to continuous learning and proacti