Our Real Estate Tax Practice is comprised of a dedicated team of tax professionals strategically positioned across the country providing top notch tax consulting services to our clients. As a staff in our practice, you'll work on multiple tax engagements and will contribute to the delivery of quality tax planning and compliance services for our real estate industry clients. In return, you can expect the support of some of the most engaging colleagues around, as well as plenty of opportunities to progress your career.
Our tax function is constantly evolving, and it's here you'll find everything you need to grow as we do. It's all about taking on new skills and responsibilities as they arise, and making the most of our dedicated mentors and training programs.
Your key responsibilities
Your main priority will be providing first-level reviews of tax returns, all while constantly keeping in touch with our clients. You'll be looking at, and analyzing complex tax issues and structures, so everything will come down to producing outstanding work. And with plenty of variety, it's certain that you'll always have innovative ideas and processes to keep you focused.
Skills and attributes for success
· Analyzing an evolving portfolio of complex tax operations to provide meaningful business insights
· Learning and researching current market trends, to maintain your credibility as a trusted advisor
· Building client relationships and demonstrating your knowledge of the real estate, hospitality and construction industry.
· Developing clear, intelligent plans and approaches to improve our clients' tax activities
To qualify for the role you must have
· A bachelor's degree in Accounting, Finance, Business or a related discipline
· A minimum of 3 years relevant experience
· Knowledge in a broad range of real estate tax technical and transaction skills, including partnership taxation, REIT taxation and qualification, partnership allocations, tax compliance, due diligence, acquisition/disposition planning and structuring.
· A proven record of excellence in a professional services or tax organization
· Technical writing and research experience in a tax context
· The ability to prioritize when working on multiple complex projects
· Influencing skills, and the confidence to question existing processes
Ideally you'll also have
· CPA qualification, or be a member of a state bar.
What we look for
We're interested in people with initiative who are not afraid to speak up, with a genuine desire to make things better across the business. You'll need strong software skills and the ability to handle complex data from multiple sources. If you're ready to further build on your reputation as a professional advisor, this role is for you.
What working at EY offers.
We offer a competitive compensation package where you'll be rewarded based on your performance and recognized for the value you bring to our business. In addition, our Total Rewards package includes medical and dental coverage, both pension and 401(k) plans, a minimum of 15 days of vacation plus ten observed holidays and three paid personal days, and a range of programs and benefits designed to support your physical, financial and social well-being. Plus, we offer:
· Support, coaching and feedback from some of the most engaging colleagues in the industry
· Opportunities to develop new skills and progress your career
· The freedom and flexibility to handle your role in a way that's right for you
As a global leader in assurance, tax, transaction and advisory services, we're using the finance products, expertise and systems we've developed to build a better working world. That starts with a culture that believes in giving you the training, opportunities and creative freedom to make things better. Whenever you join, however long you stay, the exceptional EY experience lasts a lifetime. And with a commitment to hiring and developing the most passionate people, we'll make our ambition to be the best employer by 2020 a reality.
If you can confidently demonstrate that you meet the criteria above, please contact us as soon as possible.
Join us in building a better working world. Apply today.
EY provides equal employment opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, or any other legally protected basis, in accordance with applicable law.