Business is constantly evolving, and more than ever, staying competitive is all about identifying and adapting to change. Where there’s change, there’s risk, and our clients look to us for the authoritative experience and insights into strategic tax opportunities. As a Tax Senior, you’ll play a key role in that mission, providing tailored tax and financial planning for some of our most prestigious clients across all backgrounds.
Are you living your perfect career? PCS (Private Client Services) is a growing practice within the organization, and you’ll see that growth reflected in your career. The team has a dedicated focus toward serving privately held companies and their owners. These clients span from family owned businesses to private equity owned companies. One thing they all have in common is they are high growth private companies. As many companies choose to no longer go public, this is an ever increasing and exciting group of companies from start-up companies all the way to multi-billion-dollar global private companies. With a diverse portfolio of interesting and challenging work, you’ll make an impact on some of the most technically demanding tax planning and compliance projects around. Having gained ample support and training from some of the most knowledgeable colleagues in the industry, there will be opportunities to progress to manager.
Your key responsibilities
We’ll look to you to support our managers through partners in providing tax services. You’re likely to balance your time between compliance and planning, focusing on and interacting directly with our clients. These clients will private entities (including C-Corp, S-Corp and Partnerships) as well as individuals/families with ultra-high net worth, and expectations to match. That will make you a trusted advisor and role model for our people across multiple teams, making this a great place to develop a diverse network of collaborative colleagues.
Skills and attributes for success
· Researching tax issues to develop effective tax planning strategies
· Open to all types of tax work from entity to individual
· Translating complex data from a range of sources into client-ready insights and deliverables
· Building effective long-term relationships with our clients, understanding their unique needs to provide a tailored service
· Communicating complex tax issues to non-tax professionals and clients
· Maintaining your reputation in your field by constantly updating and sharing your technical and finest practice knowledge
· Managing, coaching and developing a team of tax professionals, reviewing work and helping to confirm they have the knowledge, tools and opportunities they need to excel
· Identifying and reacting to risks and opportunities to improve our services and processes
To qualify for the role you must have
· A bachelor's degree in a related field, supported by significant tax or financial planning experience
· Have obtained or have active progress towards a CPA certification or membership in The Bar
· A thorough understanding of automated tax processing systems
· Excellent collaboration and negotiation skills, and the confidence to challenge senior colleagues and stakeholders from a diverse range of backgrounds
· Minimum of 3 years of work experience in professional services or professional tax organization
· A commitment to continuing your learning
Ideally, you’ll also have technical competency in one or more of these areas
· Experience with federal and state personal and trust taxation
· Experience with flow through entities (S-Corps, Partnerships, LLC’s)
· Experience with C-Corps including income tax provisions and consolidated federal and state tax returns
· Experience with high net-worth tax planning
· An understanding of estate and wealth planning
What we look for
We’re interested in tax professionals with a genuine interest in providing outstanding services to some of the world’s most influential people and the companies they own. Working with people from all backgrounds, from executives and entrepreneurs to investors and families, you’ll use your experience and status as a trusted advisor to maintain and further our reputation for excellence.
What working at EY offers
We offer a competitive compensation package where you’ll be rewarded based on your performance and recognized for the value you bring to our business. In addition, our Total Rewards package includes medical and dental coverage, pension and 401(k) plans, a minimum of three weeks of vacation plus ten observed holidays and three paid personal days, and a range of programs and benefits designed to support your physical, financial and social well-being. Plus, we offer:
· Support and coaching from some of the most engaging colleagues in the industry
· Opportunities to develop new skills and progress your career
· The freedom and flexibility to handle your role in a way that’s right for you
As a global leader in assurance, tax, transaction and advisory services, we hire and develop the most passionate people in their field to help build a better working world. This starts with a culture that believes in giving you the training, opportunities and creative freedom to make things better. So that whenever you join, however long you stay, the exceptional EY experience lasts a lifetime.
If you can confidently demonstrate that you meet the criteria above, please contact us as soon as possible.
Build your perfect career with us. Apply today.
EY provides equal employment opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, or any other legally protected basis, in accordance with applicable law.