Join our Transaction Diligence – Financial Services Office team and you will work with many of the world’s largest organizations, fastest-growing companies and private equity firms on some of the most complex deals in the global market. Through analysis of financial, commercial and operational data, our industry-aligned transaction diligence professionals provide insights to key decision-makers that help them increase value and reduce the risks and uncertainty inherent in transactions. You will help to identify key value drivers, challenge assumptions about future performance, search for and advise on hidden value, and work with other EY service teams to deliver an integrated approach to our clients before, during and after the transaction.
With so many offerings, you have the opportunity to develop your career through a broad scope of engagements, mentoring and formal learning. That’s how we develop outstanding leaders who team to deliver on our promises to all of our stakeholders, and in so doing, play a critical role in building a better working world for our people, for our clients and for our communities. Sound interesting? Well this is just the beginning. Because whenever you join, however long you stay, the exceptional EY experience lasts a lifetime.
Transaction Diligence services encompass the strategic development and execution of an appropriate transaction structure, including the execution of financial due diligence. Our team works to understand profit drivers and trends, challenge assumptions of future performance, and assist with purchase agreements and post-closing transaction matters.
We currently have a career opportunity for a Transaction Diligence Senior.
· Participate in financial due diligence (audit) engagements related to acquisitions by private equity investor groups and strategic corporate buyers
· Analyze financial and operational results of targets through reviewing accounting records and conducting interviews with management
· Prepare and evaluate pro forma financial information
· Identify issues for purchase price reductions, deal structuring or deal termination
· Identify post-acquisition action steps to achieve anticipated earnings/cash flow improvements
· Evaluate effects of seasonality and cyclicality on cash flow requirements
· Understand transactions from both a buy side and sell side perspective
· Perform industry and company research related to transaction audit
· Correlate financial due diligence (audit) findings with client valuations
· Manage expectations of transaction audit service
· Develop people and supervise transaction audit staff effectively
· Provide constructive feedback/training and conduct performance reviews
· Understand and follow workplace policies
· Use technology to continually develop knowledge and enhance EY service delivery
· Understand EY's service lines and generate new opportunities for EY to serve clients
· Develop long-term relationships and networks within transaction audit and other areas
To qualify, candidates must have:
· At least 3 years of public accounting audit experience in a financial services environment.
· A bachelor's or graduate degree in accounting or related field
· An active Certified Public Accountant (CPA) certification or equivalent is preferred and required for promotion to manager
· A minimum of 3 years’ public accounting experience (experience related to mergers and/or acquisitions transactions preferred)
· Strong analytic and interpersonal skills
· Effective written and verbal communication skills
· Dedication to teamwork and leadership
· Strong work initiative and the ability to adapt to new challenges and ideas
· The successful candidate must be willing and able to travel up to 40% on short notice
What We Offer
We offer a competitive compensation package where you’ll be rewarded based on your performance and recognized for the value you bring to our business. In addition, our Total Rewards package includes medical and dental coverage, pension and 401(k) plans, and a wide range of paid time off options. Under our flexible vacation policy, you’ll decide how much vacation time you need based on your own personal circumstances. You’ll also be granted time off for designated EY Paid Holidays, Winter/Summer breaks, Personal/Family Care, and other leaves of absence when needed to support your physical, financial, and emotional well-being. Plus, we offer:
· Continuous learning : You’ll develop the mindset and skills to navigate whatever comes next.
· Success as defined by you : We’ll provide the tools and flexibility, so you can make a meaningful impact, your way.
· Transformative leadership : We’ll give you the insights, coaching and confidence to be the leader the world needs.
· Diverse and inclusive culture : You’ll be embraced for who you are and empowered to use your voice to help others find theirs.
At EY, you can discover where you want to go and choose your own way there. You can seek out the experiences, skills and relationships that will shape your life at EY and beyond, and be inspired by great leaders so you can lead and inspire others.
We provide opportunities for you to work on complex issues that shape the future of our global economy and help you develop in a way that would not be possible elsewhere. The exceptional experiences you gain with EY – which might span different disciplines or countries – build outstanding career value that the market prizes and that will last a lifetime.
If you can confidently demonstrate that you meet the criteria above, please contact us as soon as possible.
Join us in building a better working world.
EY provides equal employment opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, or any other legally protected basis, in accordance with applicable law.