Strategy and Transactions – Valuation Modeling & Economics, Business Valuation Manager – Financial Services Office
Competitive business today is all about making intelligent, informed decisions. As a VME Manager you’ll help make that happen. You will be an important part of our diversely talented, highly experienced team and work at the forefront of high-profile transactions.
As part of our team, you will
· assist clients with corporate finance solutions;
· help decision-makers assess and plan the efficient allocation of resources in organizations;
· review complex financial instruments to help clients determine the value of business, intellectual property, intangibles and other assets;
· review and perform intangible business valuations for management planning; mergers and acquisitions; and financial reporting;
· serve as a member of a cross functional engagement team;
· stay abreast of current business and economic developments relevant to the client's business;
· use and develop technology and tools to innovate and enhance the effectiveness of services provided;
· manage and motivate teams of professionals with diverse skills and backgrounds;
· demonstrate in-depth technical capabilities and professional knowledge; and
· develop and cultivate business opportunities into long-term client relationships and networks.
EY has an established industry leading Valuation Modeling & Economics Practice. We advise our clients in their strategic planning, regulatory compliance, financial reporting, tax and fair market value documentation needs. You will have the opportunity to develop your career through a broad scope of engagements, mentoring and formal learning. That’s how we develop outstanding leaders who team to deliver on our promises to all of our stakeholders, and in so doing, play a critical role in building a better working world for our people, for our clients and for our communities.
Your key responsibilities
As a Manager within Business Valuation – Financial Services Office, you're likely to spend your day to day working on commercial issues, working with clients on various phases of the transaction lifecycle and regularly undertake valuations for strategic priorities, with a focus on the valuation of Intangible Assets.
Skills and attributes for success
· Commercial – as part of the team you will regularly advise businesses on valuations issues in regard to acquisitions or divestitures and perhaps provide fairness opinions on transactions and restructurings
· Regulatory and Accounting – you will work with management as part of an acquisition process to understand how the value of acquired intangible and financial assets will impact accounting requirements
· Taxation – you will regularly undertake valuations for varied purposes in the US market and advise clients on aspects of US tax valuation
· Intangible Assets – within the team you would specialize in the valuation of Intangible assets such as trademarks, brand names, customer relationships, banking and other licences, patents, technology and know-how
Required Skill Set
· A bachelor's degree in finance, economics, accounting or a related field and at least 4 years of progressive, post-baccalaureate work experience. Alternatively, will accept a Master’s degree in Business, Finance, Accounting, Economics or a related field and at least 3 years of work experience;
· Must hold, or have completed required coursework, examinations, and/or experience to hold within one year of hire, any of the following designations or certifications:
Business Valuation (BV) certifications include:
1. ABV (Accredited in Business Valuation) from the AICPA
2. ASA-BV (Accredited Senior Appraiser-Business Valuation) from the American Society of Appraisers
3. AM-BV (Accredited Member-Business Valuation) from the American Society of Appraisers
3. CFA (Chartered Financial Analyst) from the CFA Institute
5. MRICS (Member of the Royal Institute of Chartered Surveyors) from the Royal Institution of Chartered Surveyors
· Must have 3 years of direct experience in insurance, banking or asset management sector utilizing valuation techniques and methodologies (Income, Market and Cost Approaches) including 1 year of experience performing Purchase Price Allocations (PPA) and Goodwill Impairment testing within a business valuation firm or practice; a venture capital, investment banking, commercial banking, financial research, or national valuation firm; or in a corporate finance role for an organization
· Must have 4 years of experience working with external clients in an accounting or finance capacity
· Requires domestic and regional travel up to 20% to serve client needs
· Financial modeling skills including experience building models from scratch
· Demonstrated record of solving complex problems and completing challenging projects
Ideally, you’ll also have
· Previous valuation experience in professional services/Big 4 Firm
What we look for
We are looking for candidates who are highly motivated, analytical, logical thinkers with a passion for valuations and have a very strong attention to detail. Being a strong team player is critical with the ability to adapt to changing requirements or deadlines in support of our clients’ goals.
What We Offer
We offer a competitive compensation package where you’ll be rewarded based on your performance and recognized for the value you bring to our business. In addition, our Total Rewards package includes medical and dental coverage, pension and 401(k) plans, and a wide range of paid time off options. Under our flexible vacation policy, you’ll decide how much vacation time you need based on your own personal circumstances. You’ll also be granted time off for designated EY Paid Holidays, Winter/Summer breaks, Personal/Family Care, and other leaves of absence when needed to support your physical, financial, and emotional well-being. Plus, we offer:
· Continuous learning : You’ll develop the mindset and skills to navigate whatever comes next.
· Success as defined by you : We’ll provide the tools and flexibility, so you can make a meaningful impact, your way.
· Transformative leadership : We’ll give you the insights, coaching and confidence to be the leader the world needs.
· Diverse and inclusive culture : You’ll be embraced for who you are and empowered to use your voice to help others find theirs.
At EY, you can discover where you want to go and choose your own way there. You can seek out the experiences, skills and relationships that will shape your life at EY and beyond, and be inspired by great leaders so you can lead and inspire others.
We provide opportunities for you to work on complex issues that shape the future of our global economy and help you develop in a way that would not be possible elsewhere. The exceptional experiences you gain with EY – which might span different disciplines or countries – build outstanding career value that the market prizes and that will last a lifetime.
If you can confidently demonstrate that you meet the criteria above, please contact us as soon as possible.
Join us in building a better working world.
EY provides equal employment opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, or any other legally protected basis, in accordance with applicable law.