EY is a global professional services organisation providing advisory, assurance, tax and transaction services. We are committed to doing our part in building a better working world for our people, our clients and our communities, united by our shared values and a dedication to delivering exceptional client service.
As the importance and complexity of indirect taxes continues to grow, organisations look to us to help them cope with increasing levels of regulation, legislation and business risk. Our indirect tax professionals work with a wide diversity of businesses and are given the opportunity to offer advice on many aspects of indirect taxation.
In order to continue the expansion of our Indirect Tax Services department, we are currently seeking to recruit high calibre individuals to join our offices.
In return, you can expect leading-class learning and development tailored to your unique interests and motivations to become a fully qualified indirect tax advisor. You will be given all the skills, knowledge and opportunities to progress and become ready to build a better working world for our people, our clients and the communities that support us.
Your key responsibilities:
· Provide exceptional advisory services on a broad range of indirect tax issues
· Advise on technical issues and provide assistance to client service teams
· Become the day-to-day contact for allocated clients and provide innovative indirect tax solutions that add value to clients operating in various industries in Cyprus and internationally
· Demonstrate an understanding and the ability to discuss increasingly complex indirect tax concepts with team members and clients
· Work on challenging indirect tax projects, such as due diligence projects (for the sale or acquisition of businesses), indirect tax optimisation and planning projects, and indirect tax diagnostic reviews and audits
· Stay abreast with current indirect tax developments and effectively apply tax knowledge to unique client situations
· Prepare quality, practical and tailored solutions for each client's tax situation
· Thoroughly and accurately analyse complex information and contribute in making quality decisions in complex and judgmental areas
· Contribute towards achieving team goals and support in the development of recommendations and implementation plans
Skills and attributes for success:
· Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
· Strong teamwork and leadership skills
· Keen attention to high quality, details and accuracy
To qualify for the role you must have:
· Strong bachelor’s degree in Business, Economics, Law, Accounting and / or Finance.
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills in Greek and English.
· Knowledge of the Russian and Turkish language will be favourably considered.
· Holding or studying for a professional accounting or tax qualification (ACCA, ICAEW, CPA, ADIT, ATT, CTA), or legal qualification (LPC, BPTC, Cyprus Advocate Qualification post pupillage), or holding a Master’s Degree ideally with a specialisation in Indirect Taxation.
· Experience in indirect taxes of 1-2 years will be regarded as an advantage.
· Motivation to start a career in Indirect Tax in an international environment.
Ideally, you’ll also have:
· Strong Excel, Word and PowerPoint skills
· Excellent report writing skills
What we look for:
· Self - motivated professionals with a results – oriented approach and excellent prioritization skills who are looking to develop a career in a dynamic organization.
What working at EY offers
EY offers an attractive remuneration package for rewarding both personal and team performance. We are dedicated to being an inclusive employer and are happy to consider flexible working arrangements. Plus, we offer:
· Support, coaching and feedback from some of the most engaging colleagues in the industry to assist in reaching your full potential
· Opportunities to develop new skills and progress your careerboth inside and outside Cyprus
· The freedom and flexibility to handle your role in a way that’s right for you
As a global leader in assurance, tax, transaction and advisory services, we’re using the finance products, expertise and systems we’ve developed to build a better working world. That starts with a culture that believes in giving you the training, opportunities and creative freedom to make things better. Whenever you join, however long you stay, the exceptional EY experience lasts a lifetime. And with a commitment to hiring and developing the most passionate people, we’ll make our ambition to be the best employer by 2020 a reality.
If you are positively confident that you meet the criteria above, please contact us as soon as possible.
Join us in building a better working world.
Here are some other vacancies your might like
About Ernst & Young
Ernst & Young, désormais nommé EY, est l'un des premiers cabinets d'audit au monde. Il est spécialisé en audit financier et conseil comptable, en droit et fiscalité, en conseil (en management, en stratégie, marketing et innovation, en technologie), et en transactions. EY, dont les origines remontent aux années 1890, est aujourd'hui présent dans le monde entier avec près de 175 000 collaborateurs. Ces derniers sont spécialisés dans 26 domaines d'activité, de l'automobile aux télécommunications en passant par la grande distribution, la banque ou encore l'assurance.
Régulièrement présent sur les forums des universités, écoles de commerce et écoles d'ingénieurs, EY propose tous les ans environ 500 offres de stages, et embauche également de jeunes diplômés pour ses 737 bureaux dans le monde (dont 14 en France) pour des postes d'auditeur financier, consultant (SI, stratégie, transactions, conseil financier) ou encore avocat débutant.