Job Description for Advanced Analyst – Strategy and Transaction
EY is a global leader in assurance, tax, transaction and advisory services. The insights and quality
services we deliver help build trust and confidence in economies, the world over. We develop
outstanding leaders who team to deliver on our promises to all of our stakeholders. In doing so, we play a critical role in building a better working world for our people, for our clients and for our communities.
EY is among the world's most attractive employers. It offers opportunities and experiences that bring
out the best in its people at work every day. Collaborating with diverse teams across the globe helps our people develop a global mind-set. EY develops outstanding leaders who deliver value to all our
stakeholders to meet their strategic corporate objectives.
Strategy and Transaction
Strategy and Transaction brings together nearly 13,000 peoplein more than 90 countries. We help businesses drive competitive advantage by proactively managing their capital agenda, which determines how they strategically raise, invest, preserve and optimize their capital. We work with a
wide range of clients to help them make better and moreinformed decisions about how they
strategically manage capital and transactions in an increasingly disrupted marketplace.
The GDS team in India
Global Delivery Services (GDS) India plays a vital role in supporting EY’s various service lines and business operations across the world. It operates from 5 cities in India (Bangalore, Gurgaon,
Trivandrum, Kochi and Chennai) with a workforce of over 10,000 people.
The Global Delivery Service(GDS) is EY's global client service delivery vehicle and is founded on an extended teaming model. With operations across the globe, GDS offers seamless services to 80
countries through its 'high performing teams'.
GDS India has won several Global HR awards for its people practices: ranked first in the 'Dream
Companies to Work”. For the sixth consecutive year, we've been ranked as the 'Best Place to Work for' in the “Great Place to Work” survey.
GDS SaT team in India
GDS SaT professionals work as an extended team to global SaT practices for various clients. They
deliver insights, analytics and advice to our clients on strategies to raise, invest, preserve and optimize their capital.
GDS SaT offers you:
• First-hand knowledge on how the economic climate is changing
• Team of people with commercial acumen, technical experience and enthusiasm to learn new things
in this fast-moving environment
Job Title : Advanced Analyst
Department : Transaction Services, Strategy and Transaction Location : Gurgaon
· Deep dive analysis of financial statements and related schedules
· Preparation of financial statements based on information provided
· Preparation of summary of findings of the aforementioned analysis
· Detailed research for:
o Preparation of potential opportunity dockets – short and descriptive to aid proactive business
o Detailed sector reports
o Adhoc research with respect to M&A transactions of the sector and for the opportunity
o Industry benchmarking – peer analysis with respect to the company under scrutiny
o Market sizing of sectors – niche and diverse
· Working as a part of the team to ensure that the project component is delivered keeping in mind,
quality and timeliness
· Understanding of basic valuation techniques and related analysis
Competencies / Skills:
· Have working knowledge of MS office especially MS Excel, MS PowerPoint and MSWord.
· Should have understanding on preparation of graphs and should be able to contributein analyzing
and presenting information
· Have an eye for detail
· Work within the set timelinesand communicate deviations/updates to Project Lead and practice
· Should possess excellent written and oral communication skills
Education and Experience:
· MBA/PG Diploma (Finance)
· Bachelor’s in Commerce or Bachelor’s in Engineering