SailPoint Java Identity Management Engineer
The Identity Engineer role in Identity Management Engineering delivers Identity solutions utilizing commercial off the shelf products and custom developed solutions. These solutions must take into account industry best practices as part of each design. Expertise in the integration of complex enterprise components will be necessary to support the products within the Identity and Access Management Services (IAMS) team. In addition to Identity Management Engineering, this role utilizes appropriate programming languages such as Java Enterprise, Java Script, and HTML5 to develop new and/or modify existing applications that will help integrate processes within Information Security (IS) and customers across other functional areas within EY. The role is for a Junior to mid-level experienced engineer with exposure to Web front-end and SQL backend batch script development experience. Additional experience/exposure to Oracle OIM, SailPoint, or any other Identity Management system is a plus.
The role is an individual contributor, though may be asked to manage project aligned teams in their collaborative efforts of the Identity Management Engineering team in complex directives.
The role is guided by the Team Lead for Identity Management Engineering in IAMS.
Your key responsibilities
Applying best practices, the candidate will integrate innovative technology solutions in support of the Identity and Access Management Service (IAMS). Vital to the technical engineering of these solutions will be a clear understanding of change management. This will include code and infrastructure release management, as well as the ability to work with project teams to deliver all activities required in the successful release of new or modified functionality within a complex environment. Keen attention to detail will be required to deliver secure solutions that meet business requirements and are operationally supportable by IAMS partner teams.
· Partners and collaborates within IAMS, and others in Information Security (IS) as application owners, as well as external vendors such as Microsoft as needed to understand, agree, and plan the specific infrastructure enhancements and code modifications necessary to achieve the agreed deployment objectives.
· Works within Microsoft and Linux server environments to drive engineering and development across heterogeneous and in-house developed computing environments so that they collectively complete complex tasks within IAM aligned service applications.
· Provide development support with applications in N Tier, MVC, and SOA Architectures using Java Framework.
· Good understanding of physical and logical data models, including system integration in relational SQL databases, mySQL, Active Directory, LDAP Directories, Unix, and Office 365.
· Creates or collaborate in the creation of visual mock-ups, prototypes and diagrams, as well as performs or directs testing for compatibility in order to achieve an integrated architecture across interdependent technologies in IAM.
· Communicates all the ongoing activities and results to business sponsors, stakeholders, and management as part of knowledge sharing and reporting.
· Maintains a proactive approach to learning about IAM align components within the Information Security (IS) infrastructure such as MS SQL, T-SQL, Store Procedures, the Active Directory technical environment Single Sign-On (SSO) configuration, and Lightweight Directory Access Protocol (LDAP).
· The role requires strong analytical acumen and solution orientation to understand the nuances of assigned engineering and development activities across geographic regions, IT server environments or operating systems and to solution within same as well as to guide and plan appropriate solutions.
· The role also requires consultative questioning, influence management, and critical thinking skills to understand a current directive and recommend and design viable web development solutions that are both cost effective and supporting the value to the business.
Skills and attributes for success
· Maintains solid interpersonal skills to engage with others in cross business discussions within a matrixed, geographically dispersed organization and to build a solid network of peers and others of influence.
· Adapts personal communication style to the style of others, develops rapport, stays calm under pressure and escalates issues using advanced oral and written English communication skills.
· Manifests a strong analytical and problem-solving ability to escalate and negotiate complex and conflicting IAM or Information Security (IS) aligned development issues, handle multiple and shifting IAM priorities across a broad spectrum of operating or server environments, and drive solutions that are both financially sound and operationally feasible.
· Develops an in depth and continuous understanding of EY’s business and the way IAMS teams add to the effectiveness of the EY business.
· Exposure to any identity management tools like Oracle OIM, Saviynt, SailPoint, etc. is a plus.
· Maintains advanced and continuous knowledge of the remediation and implementation the aforementioned technologies.
· The role may also require the periodic allocation of additional time on the job to support multiple demands and escalating issues, and could be asked to travel to support planned project activities and collaboration.
· The role may require a flexible work schedule to meet project deliverables over periods such as evenings, weekends, and public holidays. Participation in an on-call schedule is also a necessary part of the engineering role.
To qualify for the role, you must have
· College degree in related technology field (Computer, Engineering, Science, etc.) or comparable job experience
· Approximately 2 years of writing stored procedures in Microsoft SQL servers or mySQL
· Clear understanding of DevOps/WinOps methodologies
· Thorough understanding of Secure Code compliance
Ideally, you’ll also have
· Experience in using Information Technology Infrastructure Library (ITIL) process improvement frameworks
· ITIL Foundations Certification
· Exposure to any identity management tools like Oracle OIM, Saviynt, SailPoint, etc.
What we offer
EY Global Delivery Services (GDS) is a dynamic and truly global delivery network. We work across six locations – Argentina, China, India, the Philippines, Poland and the UK – and with teams from all EY service lines, geographies and sectors, playing a vital role in the delivery of the EY growth strategy. From accountants to coders to advisory consultants, we offer a wide variety of fulfilling career opportunities that span all business disciplines. In GDS, you will collaborate with EY teams on exciting projects and work with well-known brands from across the globe. We’ll introduce you to an ever-expanding ecosystem of people, learning, skills and insights that will stay with you throughout your career.
· Continuous learning:You’ll develop the mindset and skills to navigate whatever comes next.
· Success as defined by you:We’ll provide the tools and flexibility, so you can make a meaningful impact, your way.
· Transformative leadership:We’ll give you the insights, coaching and confidence to be the leader the world needs.
· Diverse and inclusive culture:You’ll be embraced for who you are and empowered to use your voice to help others find theirs.
EY | Building a better working world
EY exists to build a better working world, helping to create long-term value for clients, people and society and build trust in the capital markets.
Enabled by data and technology, diverse EY teams in over 150 countries provide trust through assurance and help clients grow, transform and operate.
Working across assurance, consulting, law, strategy, tax and transactions, EY teams ask better questions to find new answers for the complex issues facing our world today.
If you can demonstrate that you meet the criteria above, please contact us as soon as possible.
The exceptional EY experience. It’s yours to build.