The role of the Receptionist is to provide the highest levels of customer care and service to all clients, partners and EY employees in line with agreed service level agreements and procedures. We aim to make the client’s first impression a positive and lasting one.
Your Key Responsibilities:
· To provide a warm courteous and prompt welcome on arrival for all visitors at the reception desk
· To handle all incoming telephone calls / enquiries promptly giving a warm, courteous welcome and using the agreed salutation.
· To provide assistance for meeting room bookings as required and to liaise with relevant parties to ensure the delivery of a professional service.
· To liaise and communicate with other team members and other service departments in a clear and timely manner to ensure service delivery and team work.
· To carry out regular checks of the meeting rooms on site to ensure correct set up and readiness for client use, including rearranging furniture and room layouts as required.
Skills and Attributes for Success:
· To maintain an organised and tidy work area – this is to include the front desk, seating area, meeting rooms and the pantry.
· To anticipate client needs, follow up with requests and ensure the client expectations are not only met but exceeded
· To ensure that visitor and client arrivals are communicated to the relevant people promptly and that the visitor is either met or escorted to the relevant room in a timely fashion.
· To ensure that waiting visitors are kept informed of any delays and to ensure client comfort
· To replenish meeting rooms, as required, with pads, pens and pencils
· To ensure that all required hospitality is served promptly and to the highest standards.
· To ensure all audio visual equipment is working and provide support when required
· To collate all reception and hospitality statistics and forward to the Regional Manager on a weekly basis
· To maintain appropriate stationery stocks in the reception area
Health and Safety:
· To always work in a safe manner and report any hazards to the local WPC and/or Regional Workplace Manager immediately.
· To follow all Health and Safety instructions as directed by either the local WPC or Regional Workplace Manager
· To attend all statutory Health and Safety training
· To ensure all catering and fridge temperatures are appropriately tested/recorded to comply with statutory legislation.
· To liaise with the trained first aider if a visitor should fall ill or have an accident and ensure all the relevant paperwork is completed for EY.
· To report incidents to the local WPC and/or Regional Workplace Manager and/or building security as appropriate
· To ensure the building reception has a list of all visitors due to arrive each day and booked car park spaces.
· To ensure all procedures are followed for recording EY staff visiting from another office in the UK or an overseas office
· To ensure all client and visitor passes are both issued and collected
To qualify for the role you must have:
· Ensure all areas of AWS are compliant with relevant policies and procedures, and where appropriate, actively contribute to continuous improvement programmes
· Previous experience of customer service environment essential
· Previous corporate working experience desirable
· Ability to work independently and as part of a team
· Previous experience as a Receptionist desirable
Ideally, you’ll also have:
· Strong customer focus
· Able to demonstrate a professional and organised approach to the role
· Logical thinker, able to spot errors and resolve queries
· Able to deal with interruptions, work to deadlines and prioritise
· Strong relationship skills – able to build and maintain rapport with guests
· Able to multi task and be flexible
· Enthusiastic, committed and determined
· Sense of humour and an eye for detail
· Striving to improve the service offered with proactive approach to service delivery and client satisfaction
What we look for:
You will have knowledge and understanding of the health and safety relevant to the office including; Fire, First Aid, DSE, and Accident reporting and be able to demonstrable ability to work independently and as part of a team. You will also have awareness of the impact upon the firm of legislative, technological or other changes, with the ability to respond effectively
What working at EY Offers:
We offer a competitive remuneration package where you’ll be rewarded for your individual and team performance. Our comprehensive Total Rewards package includes support for flexible working and career development, and with FlexEY you can select benefits that suit your needs, covering holidays, health and well-being, insurance, savings and a wide range of discounts, offers and promotions. Plus, we offer:
· Support, coaching and feedback from some of the most engaging colleagues around
· Opportunities to develop new skills and progress your career
· The freedom and flexibility to handle your role in a way that’s right for you
EY is committed to being an inclusive employer and we are happy to consider flexible working arrangements. We strive to achieve the right balance for our people, enabling us to deliver excellent client service whilst allowing you to build your career without sacrificing your personal priorities. While our client-facing professionals can be required to travel regularly, and at times be based at client sites, our flexible working arrangements can help you to achieve a lifestyle balance.
As a global leader in assurance, tax, transaction and advisory services, we’re using the finance products, expertise and systems we’ve developed to build a better working world. That starts with a culture that believes in giving you the training, opportunities and creative freedom to make things better. Whenever you join, however long you stay, the exceptional EY experience lasts a lifetime. And with a commitment to hiring and developing the most passionate people, we’ll make our ambition to be the best employer by 2020 a reality.