As part of our Americas Tax Technology Group (ATTG) you will be part of a technology organization that develops and maintains innovative solutions for our client-serving Tax professionals. ATTG professionals will partner with our Tax professionals to develop supporting technology such as digital/mobile tools to improve internal operations, application of Robotics Process Automation (RPA) to collect financial data, development of advanced financial dashboards, visualization, analytics, and reports.
The Product Owner role is in the Technology Enablement pillar. The main function of this pillar is to serve as the primary interface between the tax business leadership and IT.
Essential Functions of the Job:
· Assist in managing applications & products throughout their lifecycle, ensuring business relevance, adoption & continuous improvement. Partially responsible for annual planning based on roadmaps and the development of business cases in support of the governance process
· Help coordinate activities at all levels of the organization on issues and matters related to the products, including managing relationships with ATTG business sponsors and vendors to facilitate smooth development and implementation of products
· Direct the continual upgrading of ATTG products, procedures and operating environments to maintain currency with technological progress, economic change, and all business needs
· Develop annual budgets and manage expenditures in order to operate within approved budget guidelines
· Provides field communications regarding planned or unplanned production issues
· Coordinates or delivers of training to Product Support Services (PSS) team members on all new releases and updates to the application
· Formulates test plans and strategies to coordinate/execute user acceptance testing
· Provides the necessary leadership and guidance to help team members understand focus area strategies and knowledge needs
Analytical/Decision Making Responsibilities:
· Ability to clearly articulate both problems and proposed solutions
· Proactive approach to identifying issues and presenting solutions and options, and where appropriate, leading to resolution
· Ability to prioritize personal and team workloads to best meet organizational objectives
· Empowered to make decisions and recommend approach based on the results from quality reviews.
Knowledge and Skills Requirements:
· Strong analytical and problem solving skills
· Extraordinary interpersonal and communication skills
· In depth Tax Domain knowledge
· Deep knowledge of the software development lifecycle
· Knowledge of EY support, training and operating models and processes
· Ability to understand and learn tax law and technology implications at a high level
· Excellent organizational and project management skills as well as the ability to multitask on various projects in a fast-paced environment
· Ability to work and team effectively with clients and high level leadership personnel as well as influence all team members
· Provide supervision and direction to team members and staff
· Delegate, coach, coordinate and lead co-workers and project team members.
· Leads a functional team with responsibility for utilization, assignments, and reports to a pillar leader
· Responsible for training and standards for functional team performance
· Has direct responsibility for supervising personnel, (i.e., sets goals, assigns work, reviews performance, and conducts career development discussions)
· Occasional overnight travel may be required
· A bachelor's degree (computer science, engineering, accounting, finance preferred) or equivalent work experience.
· Master's degree preferred
· 10-15 years of relevant experience
· Management experience a plus
EY provides equal employment opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, or any other legally protected basis, in accordance with applicable law.