EY is the only professional services firm with a separate business unit (“FSO”) that is dedicated to the financial services marketplace. Our FSO teams have been at the forefront of every event that has reshaped and redefined the financial services industry. If you have a passion for rallying together to solve the most complex challenges in the financial services industry, come join our dynamic FSO team!
The Digital & Emerging Technology team works collaboratively with clients to transform their business through disruptive innovation enablement and transformational design solutions. The team supports our clients in modernizing systems, processes and products to enhance business and customer-facing platforms and services to support high performance in a rapidly changing and competitive environment. Our team helps clients sustain competitive advantage and profitability by developing technology strategies, products, and solutions to stay ahead of the rapid pace of change and disruption and supporting the execution of complex transformations.
We are looking for an experienced, passionate, results-oriented Product Manager who is a great problem solver with deep and proven experience in delivering products to market to join our Digital & Emerging Technologies practice.
Your key responsibilities
The goal is to support our clients to transform their business through technology. As a Product Manager with some familiarity with technical concepts, you will work with multi-discipline feature teams including user experience experts, architects, engineers and others to define and roll out products and services for large global organizations as well as for EY. You will take a customer centric and data-driven approach to product development and are an advocate for the user throughout the product development lifecycle. With support, you are able to assess complex business processes and workflows, assist in translating them to technical requirements and logical feature sets, and organize them into user stories that can be implemented by engineers.
Skills and attributes for
· Ability to provide input into product roadmaps, manage a product backlog, make quick decisions and assist in coordinating the team to release quality products within planned timelines.
· Familiarity with modern platform structures, cloud architectures, digital platforms and enablers, and data strategy considerations.
· Support service delivery and participating in future sales opportunities and practice development activities.
· Actively work to form client relationships and support business development activities.
· Effectively work with client engagement teams with diverse skills and backgrounds fostering an innovative and inclusive work environment.
To qualify for the role you must have
· Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Information Systems Management, Accounting, Finance, or a related field and 3 years of progressive, post-baccalaureate work experience. Alternatively, will accept a Master’s degree and 2 years of work experience.
· Experience working on projects with defined deliverables and budgets. Experience must include client relationship management; communicating strategically around key issues; conflict resolution and consensus building.
· Proven delivery skills including the ability to identify issues and risks and escalate appropriately, manage communications with EY and client team members, and be accountable for client deliverables
· Support the process of discussions with technical, design and business subject-matter resources to document requirements, establish a vision, and articulate alternatives for future state solutions across various domains and channels
· Has familiarity with product roadmaps and product backlogs
· Can participate in ideation sessions, standups, sprints and scrums
· Can research and quickly master specific domain knowledge and understand the dynamics impacting products such as market trends, technology and regulatory rules
· Working knowledge of at least a portion of the elements, techniques, and tools associated with the product Software Development Lifecycle (SDLC), including:
· User experience, associated elements (personas, journeys, design thinking, user flows, wireframes, user stories) and decomposition, road-mapping
· Elements of the domain layer (attributes, objects, business rules, etc.)
· Technical components (SDKs, APIs, microservices, databases)
· Data mapping (industry specs, API contracts, basic database structures) including common toolsets (e.g., Swagger, web sequence diagrams, Postman)
· Development and collaboration tools and best practices (e.g., Azure DevOps, JIRA)
· Testing and defect remediation, including severity levels and types of testing (e.g., unit, SIT, UAT, performance, production, API functionality)
· Environments associated with code development and deployment
· Product rollout approaches, including client training and handoff
· Software development methodologies including waterfall, AGILE, and/or Lean UX
· Modern architecture, development practices and technologies such as microservices, RESTful APIs, cloud platforms and continuous delivery
· Outstanding written and verbal communication skills
· Requires domestic and regional travel up to 50% to serve client needs.
Ideally, you’ll also have
· Minimum of 1-yearrelevant work experience at a financial services company or comparable experience in a professional services or product firm delivering advisory services on product management, digital or customer experience strategy
What we look for
We’re interested inself-motivated individuals who can easily function in a high demand, performance-driven environment. In addition, we’re looking for peoplewhorecognize the accomplishments of the team before the individual and are sought after as people developers. If you’re passionate about problem-solving and helping our clients with some of their most complex issues, this role is for you.
What working at EY offers
We offer a competitive compensation package where you’ll be rewarded based on your performance and recognized for the value you bring to our business. In addition, our Total Rewards package includes medical and dental coverage, both pension and 401(k) plans, a minimum of 15 days of vacation plus ten observed holidays and three paid personal days, and a range of programs and benefits designed to support your physical, financial and social well-being. Plus, we offer:
· Excellent training and development opportunities through established programs and on-the-job training
· Feedback on your performance that will accelerate your growth
As a global leader in assurance, tax, transaction and consulting services, we hire and develop the most passionate people in their field to help build a better working world. This starts with a culture that believes in giving you the training, opportunities and creative freedom to make things better. So that whenever you join, however long you stay, the exceptional EY experience lasts a lifetime.
If you can confidently demonstrate that you meet the criteria above, please contact us as soon as possible.
Join us in building a better working world.
EY provides equal employment opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, or any other legally protected basis, in accordance with applicable law.