EY's people in more than 150 countries are committed to operating with integrity, quality and professionalism in the provision of audit, tax and transaction advisory services. We strive to help all of our people achieve their professional and personal goals through an inclusive environment that values everyone's contributions, appreciates diversity of thought, fosters growth, and provides continuous opportunities for development. Recognized as one of Canada's top employers, EY continually strives to be a great place to work.
EY’s Risk Management group is responsible for the development, implementation and on-going monitoring of the firm’s risk management and independence processes. We are currently seeking an Assistant Director (manager) to join our dynamic team of independence professionals within the Risk Management function. As an integral part of the independence team, this individual will be managing the firm’s independence and compliance processes and become a technical subject matter expert in consulting with, and providing guidance to, our service line professionals on auditor independence matters. This individual will also serve as a role model by promoting and demonstrating our commitment to audit quality and risk management policies and processes within the firm.
Your key responsibilities
· Demonstrate technical knowledge and subject matter expertise in Canadian, SEC, PCAOB and IESBA auditor independence rules, and EY Global and country independence policies to support client-serving teams;
· Consult with EY partners and staff across Canada on auditor independence issues related to both personal and firm-related independence matters;
· Provide guidance to client-serving teams in the completion of client acceptance and other periodic independence procedures;
· Develop and update independence policies, processes and tools to ensure we continue to comply with EY Global and local requirements as well as implement best practices and innovative solutions to keep pace with the firm’s evolving business needs;
· Develop and deliver risk management and independence training courses and presentations;
· Build relationships with EY Global and Americas Independence team members through consultations;
· Manage and participate in independence monitoring programs and other process improvement initiatives;
· Assist with preparation for, and coordination of, practice inspections by external regulators and EY’s Global Internal Audit team;
· Promote and demonstrate commitment to audit quality, risk management and independence processes and policies within the firm;
· Manage or participate in other risk management and independence projects as required; and
· Other duties as assigned.
Skills and attributes for success
· Strong analytical, critical thinking and problem-solving skills with the ability to apply conceptual framework to new and unique situations
· Excellent business writing, communication and presentation skills
· Ability to work in a busy, deadline driven environment and meet unexpected client demands
· A high level of confidence in dealing with senior executives and challenging situations
· Knowledge of French an asset but not required
To qualify for the role you must have
· CPA designation required
· Recent experience in public accounting or risk management function
· 5+ years of experience in a professional services firm, with at least one year of managerial experience
What working at EY offers
At EY, our Total Rewards package supports our commitment to creating a leading people culture - built on high-performance teaming - where everyone can achieve their potential and contribute to building a better working world for our people, our clients and our communities. It's one of the many reasons we repeatedly win awards for being a great place to work.
We offer a competitive compensation package where you’ll be rewarded based on your performance and recognized for the value you bring to our business. In addition, our Total Rewards package allows you decide which benefits are right for you and which ones help you create a solid foundation for your future. Our Total Rewards package includes a comprehensive medical, prescription drug and dental coverage, a defined contribution pension plan, a great vacation policy plus firm paid days that allow you to enjoy longer long weekends throughout the year, statutory holidays and paid personal days (based on province of residence), and a range of exciting programs and benefits designed to support your physical, financial and social well-being. Plus, we offer:
· Support and coaching from some of the most engaging colleagues in the industry
· Learning opportunities to develop new skills and progress your career
· The freedom and flexibility to handle your role in a way that’s right for you
As a global leader in assurance, tax, transaction and advisory services, we’re using the finance products, expertise and systems we’ve developed to build a better working world. That starts with a culture that believes in giving you the training, opportunities and creative freedom to make things better. Whenever you join, however long you stay, the exceptional EY experience lasts a lifetime.
If you can confidently demonstrate that you meet the criteria above, please contact us as soon as possible.
Make your mark. Apply today.
EY is committed to inclusiveness, equity and accessibility. We encourage all qualified candidates to apply.