ERM (Enterprise Risk Management) consultants help financial institutions avoid losses, but also ensure that the organizations are well-equipped to pursue risky, yet profitable opportunities; they have become equal and necessary partners of the business, and their working environment is determined by data and analysis tools, including mathematical models and process knowledge, as well as an increasingly prescriptive regulatory framework. Good risk management is increasingly important to get and maintain the license to operate.
Our aim is to ensure that risk management stays at the forefront of digital and disruption. The challenges are tremendous and we offer our clients insight into what the risk management function and compliance function of the future looks like
We are looking for professionals who are comfortable operating on this cross-road, and who also possess the interpersonal skills needed in order to solve our clients’ risk management challenges.
As a future ERM consultant, you will join the “ERM, regulatory and compliance” team, designed to assist our clients in financial services (payment institutions, insurance companies, banks, asset managers, Center Securities Depositaries, …) with delivering transformation projects, managing risk, and improving performance. Both in support and control functions as well as within the business (end-to-end).
Your key responsibilities
You participate to engagements in the“ERM, regulatory and compliance”practice andwill help our clients in the following domains:
· Qualitative aspects of risk management (ERM transformation, governance, risk culture, policies, reporting)
· The broad regulatory agenda (Solvency II, Basel III, MIFID, …) and its operational impact
· Risk strategy and appetite
· Internal Control System – Process, risk and controls
· Operational risks such as KYC/AML, third party risk management, compliance, data governance, …
Our ultimate goal in risk management is to build a robust yet flexible organization, governance and processes to support this challenge. The art of risk management is in building a culture and organization that can capture, respond to and withstand unanticipated events.
Who are we looking for?
· Master's Degree in (Business) Engineering, Finance, Risk, Economics, Accounting or a related field
· Fluency in Dutch and/or French, with proficient level of business English (written and oral)
· Open-minded, team spirit, balanced by a healthy sense of autonomy
What’s in it for you?
· Support and coaching from some of the most engaging colleagues around
· Opportunities to develop new skills and progress your career
· The freedom and flexibility to handle your role in a way that’s right for you
We are proud of our flexible working arrangements, and we will support you to build a successful career and deliver excellent client service, without sacrificing your personal priorities. While our client-facing profession might require regular travel, and at times working at client sites, we are committed to help you achieve a lifestyle balance.
At EY we are passionate about the inclusion and support of individuals of all groups; we do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, gender, sexual orientation, or disability status.
As a global leader in assurance, tax, transaction and advisory services, we hire and develop the most passionate people in their field to help build a better working world. This starts with a culture that believes in giving you the training, opportunities and creative freedom to make things better. The exceptional EY experience. It’s yours to build.
About EY Financial Services
EY is the only major professional services firm with a dedicated financial services practice (the Financial Services Organization, FSO) integrated in the EMEIA region. An international team of over 11000 professionals are working across borders for our clients in the financial sector: Banking, Insurance and Asset Management, in all service lines: Consulting, Tax, Strategy and Assurance.
Join us in building a better working world . Apply today.