EY is a global leader in assurance, tax, transaction and advisory services. The insights and quality services we deliver help build trust and confidence in the capital markets and in economies the world over. We develop outstanding leaders who team to deliver on our promises to all of our stakeholders. In doing so, we play a critical role in building a better working world for our people, for our clients and for our communities.
With this breadth of service offerings, you have the opportunity to develop your career through a variety of experiences, mentoring and formal learning to ensure our employee value proposition – Whenever you join, however long you stay, the exceptional EY experience lasts a lifetime – is a reality.
As a junior consultant you will become part of our FAAS (Financial Accounting Advisory Services) department. Within this department we are looking for a profile who is committed to become an expert in the area of consolidation and group reporting. This entails that you will be part of a motivated team working on implementation consolidation tools, prepare Belgian and IFRS consolidated financial statements and disclosures, carve-out projects, specific reporting projects (fast-close, account reconciliations,…)
In the first years of your career, you will also work a few months/year as an auditor in order to gain insights in different businesses and to obtain practical experience in accounting & reporting topics.
Our FAAS and audit teams work with many of the world’s leading and fastest growing companies, as well as with family-owned businesses active in a variety of industries (included, but not limited to power and utilities, chemistry, technology, media and entertainment, etc.)
To qualify for the role you must have
We are looking for students who have an intellectual curiosity, strong analytical skills and attention to details to become part of our team as a consultant. Consultants and/or auditors with 1 or 2 years of experience can of course also apply for this vacancy. More concretely, we are looking for the following profiles:
· You will graduate this year as a Master in (Applied) Economics, Business Engineering or Commercial Sciences with possibly a thesis in the area relevant for the work we are delivering (IFRS or consolidation);
· You have an understanding of, or at least, an interest in IFRS and/or consolidation.
· You have a critical and analytical mindset and are eager to learn;
· You are fluent in Dutch and/or French and have a good written and spoken knowledge of English;
· You are a results-oriented team player.
What working at EY offers
· You will join a young, dynamic team, genuinely passionate about its work, within a leading global professional services firm;
· We provide extensive trainings, both on technical matters, as well on soft skills and project management;
· We will support you to “learn on the job” from more experienced professionals in our team, who take on a coaching and mentoring role;
· We offer you an attractive remuneration package.
We are proud of our flexible working arrangements, and we will support you to build a successful career and deliver excellent client service without sacrificing your personal priorities. While our client-facing profession might require regular travel, and at times working at client sites, we are committed to help you achieve a work-life balance.
At EY we are passionate about the inclusion and support of individuals of all groups; we do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, gender, sexual orientation, or disability status.