As a global leader in assurance, tax, transaction and advisory services, we hire and develop the most passionate people in their field to help build a better working world. This starts with a culture that believes in giving you the training, opportunities and creative freedom to make things better. This is wat makes us different, and renders working here a unique, lifetime experience.
As an auditor at EY, your main aim will be to provide independent verification of our clients' compliance with accounting principles. By doing so, you play an important role in helping businesses accurately reflect their financial picture and, in turn, protecting financial markets.
Our audit teams work with many of the world’s leading and fastest growing companies, as well as with family-owned businesses and startups active in a variety of industries (included but not limited to automotive, government and public sector, consumer products, media and entertainment, oil and gas, power and utilities and technology).
· During the first phase of the audit, called the interim audit phase, your main task will be to understand the client’s business. You will interview clients to analyze and assess their business processes to identify and assess the risks inherent/specific to the client’s business and their potential influence on the financial statements, and assess the client’s internal controls;
· The second phase, called the final audit phase, is focused on the audit of accounting and financial reporting information. You will analyze financial statements using our audit methodology and the information gained during the interim audit phase. You will collect information in order to make an informed decision about the validity of financial statement accounts, such as accounts receivable, cash & banks, fixed assets, revenue, expenditures, etc. You will also perform inventory stock counts to validate inventory quantities.
We recruit and develop auditors with intellectual curiosity, strong analytical skills and creativity, and attention to detail that allow us to look beyond the numbers and help our clients to address complex problems. More concretely, we are looking for the following profiles:
· You will graduate this year as a Master in (Applied) Economics, Business Engineering or Commercial Sciences. We are also looking to hire non–economic masters, who are highly motivated and eager to apply their non-economic master in a financial audit environment. We will provide additional economic & financial courses that should enable these non-economic masters to benefit to a maximum extend from this unique experience of working at EY;
· You are fluent in Dutch and/or French and have an excellent written and spoken knowledge of English;
· You are a born team player, critical, curious and results-oriented;
· You are willing to follow trainings in order to become a licensed auditor (IBR – IRE);
· You are available to start in September 2020.
· We offer extensive trainings, both on technical matters, as well on soft skills and project management;
· We offer you an attractive remuneration package (competitive salary, net allowances and extensive fringe benefits: company car with fuel card, smartphone, health insurance, pension plan,etc.);
· We are proud of our flexible working arrangements, and we will support you to build a successful career and deliver excellent client service without sacrificing your personal priorities. While our client-facing profession might require regular travel, and at times working at client sites, we are committed to help you achieve a work-life balance;
· At EY, we are passionate about the inclusion and support of individuals of all groups; we do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, gender, sexual orientation, or disability status.
At EY, the spotlight is on our people. You are empowered to build your expertise and explore the world, so that you can innovate and challenge the status quo.
Because Building a better working world begins here.
This is what makes us different, and renders working here a unique, lifetime experience.
We are one international, connected team, with one purpose. We are EY.
Your dream career begins here.