Management and boards of directors rely heavily on internal audit to provide important proactive assessments and assurance around the effectiveness of controls and company processes, while also providing objective advisory support. In the new digital economy, technology will play an increasingly important role in every company’s governance framework. As an IT internal audit professional, you will be leading engagements to identify technology control enhancements, IT operational and compliance process improvement and efficiency opportunities, as well as company-wide cost improvements. EY is a global leading service provider in this space, with a reputation for high quality and cost-effective innovative offerings.
Our structured career framework means you’ll continue to develop, whatever level you’re at. And with a network stretching around the globe, you’ll gain valuable insight across industries and geographies.
As part of our IT internal audit team, you’ll focus on client opportunities where your expertise can make a substantial impact. You’ll apply your knowledge and experience to shape our services and motivate your team. You’ll build valuable relationships with clients and develop strong capabilities, through both formal training and working with senior mentors and talented colleagues.
Your Key Responsibilities
As a Senior Associate within the IT internal audit team, you will participate in and supervise multiple client engagement teams and other related activities. Engagements focus on the assessment and/or evaluation of Information Technology (IT) systems and the mitigation of IT-related business risks. Engagements may vary considerably in size and complexity.
You will serve as a fieldwork leader to assist clients in employing proper information systems, resources, and controls to maximize efficiencies and minimize risk.
You will work with client personnel to analyze, evaluate, and enhance information systems facilitating the business internal control process, and will assist clients and other IT audit professionals in performing information technology control and security engagements.
Skills and attributes for success
· Collaborate with other members of the engagement team to plan the engagement and develop work program timelines, risk assessments, and other planning documents.
· Work with the engagement team to document the business processes dependent on information technology
· Serve as a fieldwork leader by directing the daily progress of fieldwork, informing supervisors of engagement status, and managing staff performance
· Demonstrate and apply a thorough understanding of complex information systems
· Use knowledge of the current IT environment and industry IT trends to identify the engagement and client service issues, and communicate this information to the engagement team and client management through written correspondence and verbal presentations
· Demonstrate and apply strong project management skills, inspire teamwork and responsibility with engagement team members, and use current technology and tools to enhance the effectiveness of deliverables and services
· Manage a portfolio of assignments as project lead
To Qualify for the role you must have
· A recognized university degree in accounting, business, information technology, or other relevant discipline with 3-5 years of working experiences
· A minimum of 3 years of experience working as an IT auditor or IT risk adviser for a public accounting firm, a professional services firm, or within industry
· Ability to travel up to 20% of the time
· Significant experience in applying relevant technical knowledge in at least three of the following areas:
· IT general controls review
· Infrastructure review
· Application controls review
· Cybersecurity review
· ERP security and control reviews (Oracle, SAP, Peoplesoft)
· Experience in performing business process audits with the aid of analytics (usage of ACL, IDEA, SQL, Spotfire, Tableau, Power BI etc)
· Project management skills
· Strong written and verbal communication skills and presentation skills
· Leadership, teamwork and client service skills
· Demonstrated integrity within a professional environment
Ideally, you will also have
· CPA, CA, CISA, CISSP, CISM, CBCP, CIA, CIPP, CGEIT certification
What we look for
Highly motivated individuals with excellent problem-solving skills and the ability to prioritize shifting workloads in a rapidly changing industry. An effective communicator, you’ll be a confident team player that collaborates with people from various teams while looking to develop your career in a dynamic organization.
What working at EY offers
EY offers a competitive remuneration package where you’ll be rewarded for your individual and team performance. We are committed to being an inclusive employer and are happy to consider flexible working arrangements. Plus, we offer:
· Support, coaching and feedback from some of the most engaging colleagues around
· Opportunities to develop new skills and progress your career
· The freedom and flexibility to handle your role in a way that’s right for you
As a global leader in assurance, tax, transaction and advisory services, we’re using the finance products, expertise and systems we’ve developed to build a better working world. That starts with a culture that believes in giving you the training, opportunities and creative freedom to make things better. Whenever you join, however long you stay, the exceptional EY experience lasts a lifetime. And with a commitment to hiring and developing the most passionate people, we’ll make our ambition to be the best employer by 2020 a reality.
Want to get to know us better?
Become a fan on Facebook: facebook.com/EYCareersSingapore
Follow us on Instagram:instagram.com/EYSGCareers
Connect with us on LinkedIn: bit.ly/EYLinked_Careers
Watch us on YouTube: youtube.com/ernstandyoungglobal
Join us in building a better working world. Apply now.