Ernst & Young Capital Advisors, LLC (EYCA) offers investment banking services with access to a global network of EY mergers & acquisitions, debt capital markets and equity capital markets professionals. The global EY network offers a comprehensive suite of services, and EY firms consistently rank among the leading financial services firms based on the number of completed transactions globally.
As an M&A Investment Banking Associate you’ll work in a team setting to help provide clients with objective advice on corporate financing alternatives through highly focused industry teams with world class, global execution capabilities. You’ll be an important part of our diversely talented, highly experienced team and work at the forefront of high-profile transactions.
You’ll be working in a team environment with corporate finance and legacy investment banking professionals on a variety of projects across a range of sectors. Our team works to understand the client’s business profit drivers and trends, as well as challenge assumptions of future performance and assist with purchase agreements and post-closing transaction matters.
Your key responsibilities
As an M&A Investment Banking Associate you will be a vital member of the team supporting and executing corporate finance engagements. You’ll be focused on analyzing financial data and identifying key trends behind the performance of a business, preparing financial models and cash flow scenarios, conducting research, and helping to write reports that set out our findings and recommendations around the key financial and business issues in a transaction. You will also help develop team members ensuring their career development.
Skills and attributes for success
· Advise companies regarding strategic and corporate finance alternatives.
· Prepare compelling pitch books offering - descriptive memoranda and related materials for M&A and capital raising mandates.
· Perform extensive financial analysis, valuation analysis and pro forma financial modeling.
· Identify key issues and potential areas of valuation and transaction risk within engagements.
· Perform In-depth sector market and company-specific research.
To qualify for the role you must have
· A bachelor's degree and at least 2 years of related work experience; or a graduate degree and at least 1-2 years of related work experience..
· Investment banking experience.
· Existing Series 7 and/or 79 plus Series 63 securities licenses (in good standing).
· Strong quantitative and qualitative analytical skills, including the ability to exercise sound independent judgment.
· Strong working knowledge of Excel to develop financial models, knoweldge of pivot tables and using excel for in-depth modeling.
· Efficient use of research databases, technical ability to manipulate data.
· Excellent interpersonal and relationship-building skills with the ability to develop and maintain relationships at all levels of the organization.
· Willingness and ability to travel as necessary at short notice.
Ideally, you’ll also have
· A proven record of excellence in investment banking specific to mergers, acquisitions and capital markets.
· Experience gained within another large professional services organization.
· Established networking skills in a relevant industry.
What we look for
We’re interested in talented professionals with the ability to visualize our clients’ goals and think creatively to facilitate them - often in politically charged environments. If you have an entrepreneurial spirit, and a genuine passion for taking on new challenges, this role is for you.
What working at EY offers
We offer a competitive compensation package where you’ll be rewarded based on your performance and recognized for the value you bring to our business. In addition, our Total Rewards package includes medical and dental coverage, both pension and 401(k) plans, a minimum of 15 days of vacation plus ten observed holidays and three paid personal days, and a range of programs and benefits designed to support your physical, financial and social well-being. Plus, we offer:.
· Opportunities to develop new skills and progress your career within a dedicated financial due diligence practice in a Big 4 firm.
· A clear unified strategic focus across the team, with emphasis on taking an entrepreneurial approach to work.
· Support, coaching and feedback from some of the most recognized and engaging colleagues in the industry.
· The freedom and flexibility to handle your role in a way that’s right for you.
As a global leader in assurance, tax, transaction and advisory services, we’re using the finance products, expertise and systems we’ve developed to build a better working world. That starts with a culture that believes in giving you the training, opportunities and creative freedom to make things better. Whenever you join, however long you stay, the exceptional EY experience lasts a lifetime. And with a commitment to hiring and developing the most passionate people, we’ll make our ambition to be the best employer by 2020 a reality.
If you can confidently demonstrate that you meet the criteria above, please contact us as soon as possible.
Join us in building a better working world. Apply now.
EY provides equal employment opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, or any other legally protected basis, in accordance with applicable law.