As a global leader in assurance, tax, transaction and advisory services, we hire and develop the most passionate people in their field to help build a better working world. This starts with a culture that believes in giving you the training, opportunities and creative freedom to make things better. This is what makes us different, and renders working here a unique, lifetime experience.
As an intern you will become part of our FAAS (Financial Accounting Advisory Services) department. Within this department we are looking for a student who is interested to gain experience in the area of IFRS (International Financial Reporting Standards) and consolidation. This entails that you will be part of a motivated team working on IFRS conversions, financial reporting, consolidation, accounting analysis, carve-out financials, etc.
Our FAAS and audit teams work with many of the world’s leading and fastest growing companies, as well as with family-owned businesses active in a variety of industries (included, but not limited to power and utilities, chemistry, technology, media and entertainment, etc.)
To qualify for the role you must have
We are looking for students who have an intellectual curiosity, strong analytical skills and attention to details to become part of our team. More concretely, we are looking for the following profiles:
· You are a final year master student in (Applied) Economics, Business Engineering, Commercial Sciences, etc.;
· You are available to start in January/February 2021 and your university can provide an internship convention. If you want to apply for another period, mention this in your cover letter;
· You have an understanding of, or at least, an interest in IFRS and/or consolidation;
· You have a drive to increase your technical expertise;
· You are fluent in Dutch and/or French and have a good written and spoken knowledge of English;
· You are a critical, curious and results-oriented team player.
What working at EY offers
· You will join a young, dynamic team, genuinely passionate about its work, within a leading global professional services firm;
· We provide extensive trainings, both on technical matters, as well on soft skills and project management;
· We will support you to “learn on the job” from more experienced professionals in our team, who take on a coaching and mentoring role;
· The possibility to stay at EY (contract of indefinite duration) after a positive evaluation:
· We are proud of our flexible working arrangements, and we will support you to build a successful career and deliver excellent client service without sacrificing your personal priorities. While our client-facing profession might require regular travel, and at times working at client sites, we are committed to help you achieve a work-life balance;
· At EY we are passionate about the inclusion and support of individuals of all groups; we do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, gender, sexual orientation, or disability status.