Our indirect tax professionals gain industry specific expertise to provide clients with insightful indirect tax advice which considers technical, commercial and operational issues. They identify and address areas of opportunity and risk. A key part of their role is to help clients navigate global indirect tax issues, including overcoming local reporting challenges, effective processes to help improve their day-to-day reporting for indirect tax, how indirect taxes such as value added tax (VAT) or goods & services tax (GST) impinge on the client’s supply chain and financial and accounting systems. Ernst & Young’s global network is a key differentiator and our tax professionals work closely with other EY offices and service lines to provide clients with an integrated global service.
Our Indirect Tax group also develops practical and innovative tax solutions via a view to reducing our clients' tax burden. We combine this goal with an emphasis on developing effective strategies in line with each client's business plans and goals.
Modern tax regulations are highly complex and dynamic. As a tax professional at Ernst & Young, you'll build upon the technical knowledge and industry experience you have to help clients manage their tax obligations effectively and enhance their financial performance. In turn, we'll help you achieve your potential by giving you business advisory experience and professional development.
This is an exciting opportunity for a motivated and ambitious individual to join EY’s specialist Indirect Tax team in Leeds. The team help support and deliver Indirect Tax advice for their clients across the UK. This role will provide an opportunity to be involved in a fast growth part of the Indirect Tax team, focusing on mid-market and large corporates. The successful candidate will have an opportunity to work with both clients and all of the EY local offices, providing a great opportunity to build and expand your knowledge and network.
Your key responsibilities
· To contribute to the efficient and successful delivery of tax services to the client.
· Build and maintain tax relationships with clients and provide high levels of client service
· Build relationships both within the firm and externally with clients, identifying opportunities and managing expectations
· Contribute to winning new work by proactively managing existing clients and contribute to winning new clients.
· Manage the successful delivery of tax projects, ensuring technical excellence and practical/business driven approach taken
· Being involved with the delivery and design of technology based solutions to solve clients tax related issues, covering the spectrum of understanding and diagnosing route cause issues and acting in a tax specific business analyst capacity to arrive at solutions to the issues
· Responsible for day-to-day delivery of client liaison
· Key member of one of the client service groups providing full tax services to a client portfolio.
· Team player; ability to integrate with new teams quickly
· Outgoing with good relationship skills and the ability to deliver quality output
· Relevant VAT experience
· Strong Indirect Tax technical skills and keen to develop further
· Skills and attributes for success
· A broad experience in technology applications and how these can be adapted to solve tax related issues, with evidenced knowledge of the ways in which technology can transform business operations
· Ability to build strong client relationships
· Excellent communicator in range of situations both written and oral
· Ability to identify areas of risk, carry out an effective review and know when to refer upwards
· Client focused and commercially aware
· Relationship management skills with ability to manage client expectations
· Team player with ability to build effective relationships at all levels
· Project management skills, plan and prioritise work, meet deadlines, monitor own budget
· Ability to solve problems creatively and pragmatically
· A high degree of competence in a broad range of common work place technologies, mandatory skills in Microsoft Applications
· Proven experience of innovation in a business environment
To qualify for the role you must have
ACA / CA / Tax Inspectors with full Technical Training course / Law qualification / CTA (or breadth of knowledge equivalent to CTA)
What working at EY offers
We offer a competitive remuneration package where you’ll be rewarded for your individual and team performance. Our comprehensive Total Rewards package includes support for flexible working and career development, and with FlexEY you can select benefits that suit your needs, covering holidays, health and well-being, insurance, savings and a wide range of discounts, offers and promotions. Plus, we offer:
• Support and coaching from some of the most engaging colleagues around
• Opportunities to develop new skills and progress your career
• The freedom and flexibility to handle your role in a way that’s right for you
EY is committed to being an inclusive employer and we are happy to consider flexible working arrangements. We strive to achieve the right balance for our people, enabling us to deliver excellent client service whilst allowing you to build your career without sacrificing your personal priorities. While our client-facing professionals can be required to travel regularly, and at times be based at client sites, our flexible working arrangements can help you to achieve a lifestyle balance.
As a global leader in assurance, tax, transaction and advisory services, we’re using the finance products, expertise and systems we’ve developed to build a better working world. That starts with a culture that believes in giving you the training, opportunities and creative freedom to make things better. Whenever you join, however long you stay, the exceptional EY experience lasts a lifetime. And with a commitment to hiring and developing the most passionate people, we’ll make our ambition to be the best employer by 2020 a reality.
If you can confidently demonstrate that you meet the criteria above, please contact us as soon as possible.
Join us in building a better working world.