EY’s people in more than 150 countries are committed to operating with integrity, quality and professionalism in the provision of audit, tax and strategy and transaction services. We strive to help all of our people achieve their professional and personal goals through an inclusive environment that values everyone's contributions, appreciates diversity of thought, fosters growth, and provides continuous opportunities for development. Recognized as one of Canada's top employers, EY Canada continually strives to be a great place to work.
We currently have career opportunities for Senior Consultant level resources in our Technology Consulting services group specializing in Guidewire implementations. Candidates will work directly with clients to solve their business challenges with technology solutions. The goal is to support our clients making their business more effective and efficient through large-scale technology enabled enterprise transformations
Your key responsibilities
• Manage Guidewire Conversion work stream through all phases of the technology enablement life cycle; providing technical support from requirements, data ingestion, ETL design to implementation and deployment.
• Work with clients directly to understand business needs, provide solutions, and assist in design/integration decisions.
• Manage and work directly with offshore teams providing specific detailed instructions, enabling them to routinely deliver high quality work products.
• Lend subject matter expertise in ETL solution, data & product modelling & mapping, and interfacing requirements.
• Plan sprint by sprint work, provide effort estimates, and manage work stream deliverables.
• Code, test, debug, and document high quality software components.
• Participate in engagement management, execution, reporting, and client relationship building.
• Contribute actively to internal non-client initiatives aimed at continuous improvement of the EY Guidewire practice and its capabilities.
To qualify for the role, you must have
• 3+ years of Guidewire Conversion experience in either PolicyCenter, BillingCenter, or ClaimCenter is required.
• Certification in at least one Guidewire product.
• Experience working with Guidewire Policy Conversion Tool (PMT) is a plus.
• Minimum Guidewire version is 8. x and above, preferred.
• Proven track record supporting all stages of the technology enablement life cycle for large agile methodology pursuits, with significant client interaction at all stages.
• Experience managing staff (onshore and offshore) on multiple projects and providing direction to team members.
• Knowledge of Personal Lines Insurance domain (Policy Center applications as per product requirements) is preferred.
• Strong competency in OO programming within depth knowledge of Gosu (language, classes, interfaces), PCFs, Java, J2EE.
• Knowledge of relation databases such as MS SQL Server/Oracle/DB2.
• Knowledge of J2EE, Application Servers, XML/Web Services/RDBMS.
• Understanding of Web Services, XML, and comfortable with version control software (GIT, BigBucket)
• Experience in other competencies such as Functional, Integration, Testing is an asset.
Skills and attributes for success
• Proven methodical thinking and problem-solving skills. Pragmatic when needed.
• Strong oral and written communication, presentation, client service, and technical writing skills.
• Excellent attention to detail, balanced with the ability to make quick decisions.
• A high level of motivation, strong work ethic and self-starting attitude.
• Flexibility to be responsive to client and internal needs.
• Willingness and ability to travel approximately 50-80%.
• Bachelor’s or higher degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or related.
What we look for
We’re interested in passionate leaders with a strong vision and a desire to stay on top of trends in the technology space. If you have a strong passion for helping businesses achieve their IT strategy, this role is for you.
What working at EY offers
At EY, our Total Rewards package supports our commitment to creating a leading people culture - built on high-performance teaming - where everyone can achieve their potential and contribute to building a better working world for our people, our clients and our communities. It's one of the many reasons we repeatedly win awards for being a great place to work.
We offer a competitive compensation package where you’ll be rewarded based on your performance and recognized for the value you bring to our business. In addition, our Total Rewards package allows you decide which benefits are right for you and which ones help you create a solid foundation for your future. Our Total Rewards package includes a comprehensive medical, prescription drug and dental coverage, a defined contribution pension plan, a great vacation policy plus firm paid days that allow you to enjoy longer long weekends throughout the year, statutory holidays and paid personal days (based on province of residence), and a range of exciting programs and benefits designed to support your physical, financial and social well-being. Plus, we offer:
• Support and coaching from some of the most engaging colleagues in the industry
• Learning opportunities to develop new skills and progress your career
• The freedom and flexibility to handle your role in a way that’s right for you
As a global leader in assurance, tax, transaction and advisory services, we’re using the finance products, expertise and systems we’ve developed to build a better working world. That starts with a culture that believes in giving you the training, opportunities and creative freedom to make things better. Whenever you join, however long you stay, the exceptional EY experience lasts a lifetime.
If you can confidently demonstrate that you meet the criteria above, please contact us as soon as possible.
Make your mark. Apply today.
EY is committed to inclusiveness, equity and accessibility. We encourage all qualified candidates to apply.