GPS Technology Risk Senior (Project based – 1 year minimum)
EY's Government & Public Sector
From strategy to execution, the Government & Public Sector practice of Ernst & Young LLP provides a full range of consulting and audit services to help our Federal, State, Local and Education clients implement new ideas to help achieve their mission outcomes. We deliver real change and measurable results through our diverse, high-performing teams, quality work at the highest professional standards, operational know-how from across our global organization, and creative and bold ideas that drive innovation. We enable our government clients to achieve their mission of protecting the nation and serving the people; increasing public safety; improving healthcare for our military, veterans and citizens; delivering essential public services; and helping those in need. EY is ready to help our government build a better working world.
As our Government and Public Sector practice (“GPS”) continues to grow, we have openings in our Technology Risk (IT Audit) practice.
As a member of our GPS team, you will join a talented group of professionals serving in key roles advising U.S. federal agencies addressing issues in performance improvement, program effectiveness, audit and audit readiness, financial management, and IT risk. The EY GPS practice focuses across disciplines with defense and national security, civilian, health, and international agencies.
Our broad portfolio of services is aimed at driving relevant, tangible results. We believe integration fosters innovation. Unprecedented challenges require support that is connected, responsive and insightful.
Your key responsibilities:
As a member of our Technology Risk (IT Audit) team, you will serve as a key resource in delivering quality client services on financial statement audits, attestation engagements and IT control projects. You will conduct research as needed, assist in the testing of IT general and application controls, prepare for and potentially lead client meetings, establish relationships with client personnel at the appropriate levels, and deepen sector and client knowledge.
You must have the following:
· Bachelor's degree in Business, Accounting, Finance, Information Systems, Information Technology or closely related field
· The ability to obtain and maintain a Secret-level clearance or higher
· 3+ years of IT audit experience supporting federal government clients
· Relevant experience in information security, risk management, IT and application controls, leading standards (e.g., COSO, ERM, FISCAM, FISMA, NIST), IT technologies (e.g., Windows, UNIX, Oracle, Mainframe, SAP), preparing written or verbal materials, and assisting with presenting project results to clients
· Experience performing FISCAM, OMB Circular A-123 internal control, audit readiness, SOC-1 (SSAE-18) reports, and FISMA security reviews
· Possess a strong understanding of NIST requirements and FIPS guidance
· Comprehend the FISCAM, Financial Audit Manual (FAM), FIAR approaches and assess information system controls in areas of information assurance, access control, change control, segregation of duties and disaster recovery
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or national origins.
Ideally, you’ll also have:
· Experience executing project plans on large, complex engagements from analysis through implementation
· Worked in a Big Four, global management consulting firm or blue-chip company, preferably with a government and public sector focus
· Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
· Ability to collaborate with clients and identify engagement follow-on opportunities
· Excellent verbal and written communication skills
· The EY Government and Public Sector Practice’s staffing model is to assign resources to projects aligned to the office within the metropolitan area you have been hired; however, in certain circumstances, travel may be required within and/or beyond your geographic region based on client and project needs. For roles within the federal practice, the flexibility to travel up to approximately 30% is preferred.
What we look for:
We are interested in professionals who are future leaders and passionate about helping the government achieve its full potential. You will need a collaborative and growth-minded attitude to deliver the best results. If you are looking for a role that will challenge you, give you opportunities to grow, and encourage you to own your career, this role is for you.
What working at EY offers
We offer a competitive compensation package where you'll be rewarded based on your performance and recognized for the value you bring to our business. In addition, our Total Rewards package includes medical and dental coverage, both pension and 401(k) plans.
Under our flexible vacation policy, you’ll decide how much vacation time you need based on your own personal circumstances. You’ll also be granted time off for designated EY Paid Holidays, Winter/Summer breaks, Personal/Family Care, and other leaves of absence when needed to support your physical, financial, and emotional well-being.Plus, we offer:
· Support and coaching from some of the most engaging colleagues in the industry
· Opportunities to develop new skills and progress your career
· The freedom and flexibility to handle your role in a way that's right for you
· The salary for this position is $62,600 - $83,400.
As a global leader in assurance, tax, transaction and advisory services, we hire and develop the most passionate people in their field to help build a better working world. This starts with a culture that believes in giving you the training, opportunities and creative freedom to make things better. So that whenever you join, however long you stay, the exceptional EY experience lasts a lifetime.
If you can confidently demonstrate that you meet the criteria above, please contact us as soon as possible. Make your mark. Apply today!
EY provides equal employment opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, or any other legally protected basis, in accordance with applicable law.