GPS Technology Risk-Manager (Project based – 1 year minimum)
From strategy to execution, the Government & Public Sector practice of Ernst & Young LLP providesa full range of consulting and audit services to help our Federal, State, Local and Education clients implement new ideas to help achieve their mission outcomes. We deliver real change and measurable results through our diverse, high-performing teams, quality work at the highest professional standards, operational know-how from across our global organization, and creative and bold ideas that drive innovation. We enable our government clients to achieve their mission of protecting the nation and serving the people; increasing public safety; improving healthcare for our military, veterans and citizens; delivering essential public services; and helping those in need. EY is ready to help our government build a better working world.
As our Government and Public Sector practice (“GPS”) continues to grow, we have openings in our Technology Risk (IT Audit) practice.
As a member of our GPS team, you will join a talented group of professionals serving in key roles advising US federal agencies addressing issues in performance improvement, program effectiveness, audit and audit readiness, financial management, and IT advisory. The EY GPS practice focuses across disciplines with defense and national security, civilian, health, and international agencies.
Our broad portfolio of services is aimed at driving relevant, tangible results. We believe integration fosters innovation. Unprecedented challenges require support that is connected, responsive and insightful.
Your Key Responsibilities
As a member of the Technology Risk (IT Audit) team, you will serve as a key resource in delivering quality client services on financial statement audits, attestation engagements and IT control projects. You will conduct research as needed, assist in the testing of IT general and application controls, prepare for and potentially lead client meetings, establish relationships with client personnel at the appropriate levels, and deepen sector and client knowledge.
To qualify for the role you must have
· Bachelor's degree and approximately five+ years of relevant work experience; or a master's degree with an emphasis on Accounting, Information Systems, Computer Science, or other related field and approximately one to two years of relevant work experience
· The ability to obtain and maintain a Secret-level clearance or higher
· Relevant experience in information assurance, information security, risk management, IT and application controls, leading standards (e.g., COSO, ERM, FISCAM, FISMA, NIST), IT technologies (e.g., Windows, UNIX, Oracle, Mainframe, SAP), preparing written or verbal materials, and assisting with presenting project results to clients
· Perform FISCAM, OMB Circular A-123 internal control, audit readiness, SOC-1 (SSAE-18) reports, and FISMA security reviews
· Possess a strong understanding of NIST requirements and FIPS guidance
· Comprehend the FISCAM, Financial Audit Manual (FAM), FIAR approaches and assess information system controls in areas of information assurance, access control, change control, segregation of duties and disaster recovery
· Complete tests around financial system controls compliance, IT general and application controls
· All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or national origin
Ideally you'll also have
· Experience executing project plans on large, complex engagements from analysis through implementation
· Worked in a Big Four, global management consulting firm or blue-chip company, preferably with a government and public sector focus
· Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
· Ability to collaborate with clients and identify engagement follow-on opportunities
· Excellent verbal and written communication skills
· Certified Information Systems Auditor (CISA)
· Certified Information Systems Manager (CISM)
· Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP)
· Certified Governmental Financial Manager (CGFM)
· Certified Defense Financial Manager (CDFM)
What we look for
We are interested in professionals who are future leaders and passionate about helping the government achieve its full potential. You will need a collaborative and growth-minded attitude to deliver the best results. If you are looking for a role that will challenge you, give you opportunities to grow, and encourage you to own your career, this role is for you.
What working at EY offers
We offer a competitive compensation package where you'll be rewarded based on your performance and recognized for the value you bring to our business. In addition, our Total Rewards package includes medical and dental coverage, both pension and 401(k) plans. Under our flexible vacation policy, you’ll decide how much vacation time you need based on your own personal circumstances. You’ll also be granted time off for designated EY Paid Holidays, Winter/Summer breaks, Personal/Family Care, and other leaves of absence when needed to support your physical, financial, and emotional well-being.
Plus, we offer:
· Support and coaching from some of the most engaging colleagues in the industry
· Opportunities to develop new skills and progress your career
· The freedom and flexibility to handle your role in a way that's right for you
· The salary range for this position is $76,200 - $113,600.
As a global leader in assurance, tax, transaction and advisory services, we hire and develop the most passionate people in their field to help build a better working world. This starts with a culture that believes in giving you the training, opportunities and creative freedom to make things better. So that whenever you join, however long you stay, the exceptional EY experience lasts a lifetime.
EY provides equal employment opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, or any other legally protected basis, in accordance with applicable law.