From strategy to execution, the Government & Public Sector practice of Ernst & Young LLP provides a full range of consulting and audit services to help our Federal, State, Local and Education clients implement new ideas to help achieve their mission outcomes. We deliver real change and measurable results through our diverse, high-performing teams, quality work at the highest professional standards, operational know-how from across our global organization, and creative and bold ideas that drive innovation. We enable our government clients to achieve their mission of protecting the nation and serving the people; increasing public safety; improving healthcare for our military, veterans and citizens; delivering essential public services; and helping those in need. EY is ready to help our government build a better working world.
The Service Delivery Center is made up of high-performing, US-based resources who work closely with our experienced professionals to deliver project-based work and managed services to our federal clients. The Service Delivery Center is a core component of the Government & Public Sector practice (GPS). This position assists the Assurance team in collecting and processing Assurance information. In this position, Analysts will add to skills related to Assurance and review the work products of Associate Analyst I and Associate Analyst IIs (AAs).
Your Key Responsibilities
· Assist in collecting information to document clients' business and IT financial processes, risks and controls by soliciting information from team members, compiling results, and reviewing results developed by AAs
· Assist in performing root cause analysis by documenting and collecting information, compiling team observations and results, and reviewing results developed by AAs
· Monitor project progress and risks, ensuring key stakeholders are updated on progress and expected outcomes
· Assist in creating and processing data files and other client deliverables by compiling data, developing reports, and reviewing results developed by AAs
· Assist in the performance of due diligence and investigative research on client projects by compiling data, developing reports, and reviewing results developed by AAs
· Assist in creating client business, IT financial and risk / internal controls documentation by maintaining document control, compiling data and documentation, developing reports, and reviewing results developed by AAs
Skills and attributes for Success
· Assist in the collection of client business, IT financial and risk / internal controls data for weekly / monthly and ad hoc reporting by developing report and reviewing results developed by Analyst I and Analyst II
· Execute on and deliver engagement specific tasks as directed
To qualify for the role you must have:
· Bachelor's degree with an emphasis in Business, Technology, Computer Science, Accounting or related fields
· Minimum of 2 years' experience in Business, Finance, Economics, Accounting or related field
· United States citizenship; and must be able to obtain and maintain a public trust clearance or higher
· Strong communication, facilitation and presentation skills
· Ability to analyze business and IT financial data and assist in problem solving
· Ability to work with accounting, business management and/or technology concepts
· Flexibility and ability to work with a nationally distributed team
· Proficient in MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, SharePoint, MS Project),
· Ability to become proficient with Tableau and Visio
· Ability to meet tight deadlines and follow up on open issues
· Excellent English language skills ' both written and verbal
· The EY Government and Public Sector Practice’s staffing model is to assign resources to projects aligned to the office within the metropolitan area you have been hired; however, in certain circumstances, travel may be required within and/or beyond your geographic region based on client and project needs. For roles within the federal practice, the flexibility to travel up to approximately 30% is preferred. Within the state, local and education practice, the flexibility to travel up to approximately 80% is preferred.
Ideally you'll also have
Ability to progress towards achieving CDFM, CGFM certifications
What working at EY offers
We offer a competitive compensation package where you'll be rewarded based on your performance and recognized for the value you bring to our business. In addition, our Total Rewards package includes medical and dental coverage, pension and 401(k) plans, a minimum of three weeks of vacation plus ten observed holidays and three paid personal days, and a range of programs and benefits designed to support your physical, financial and social well-being. Plus, we offer:
· Support and coaching from some of the most engaging colleagues in the industry
· Opportunities to develop new skills and progress your career
The freedom and flexibility to handle your role in a way that's right for you
As a global leader in assurance, tax, transaction and advisory services, we hire and develop the most passionate people in their field to help build a better working world. This starts with a culture that believes in giving you the training, opportunities and creative freedom to make things better. So that whenever you join, however long you stay, the exceptional EY experience lasts a lifetime.
If you can confidently demonstrate that you meet the criteria above, please contact us as soon as possible.
Make your mark. Apply today
EY provides equal employment opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, or any other legally protected basis, in accordance with applicable law.