Government & Public Sector – Internal Audit - Delivery Manager
From strategy to execution, the Government & Public Sector practice of Ernst & Young LLP provides a full range of consulting and audit services to help our Federal, State, Local and Education clients implement new ideas to help achieve their mission outcomes. We deliver real change and measurable results through our diverse, high-performing teams, quality work at the highest professional standards, operational know-how from across our global organization, and creative and bold ideas that drive innovation. We enable our government clients to achieve their mission of protecting the nation and serving the people; increasing public safety; improving healthcare for our military, veterans and citizens; delivering essential public services; and helping those in need. EY is ready to help our government build a better working world.
The Service Delivery Center is made up of high-performing, US-based resources who work closely with our experienced professionals to deliver project-based work and managed services to our federal clients. The Service Delivery Center is a core component of the Government & Public Sector practice (GPS). This position assists the Business Consulting team in collecting and processing information used to support Agency management’s internal control capabilities. In this position, Delivery Managers will coach Senior Analysts in skills required by the Risk team and review their work for quality.
Your Key Responsibilities
· Provide management, supervision and evaluation of Analysts
· Direct the collection of client data and information to document client’s business and IT financial processes, risks and controls
· Evaluate root cause analysis performed by Analysts to determine sufficiency of analysis and alignment with client expectations
· Monitor and report project progress and risks to EY engagement leadership and key client stakeholders
· Provide technical oversight of Analysts in preparing deliverable templates, compiling and analyzing data, developing reports, and reviewing results developed by Analysts
· Provide mentoring and coaching to Analysts in the execution of internal audit functions, to include governmental accounting and/or internal audit concepts and methodologies
· Conduct advanced research into technical accounting or auditing topics, and provide valid and defensible justifications for engagement activities through whitepapers or other communications
· Identify and implement opportunities to enhance and improve project and engagement deliverables and outcomes
· Provide detailed oversight over the accuracy of client business, financial and risk / internal controls documentation prepared by analysts
· Understand and adapt standardized Internal Audit concepts and methodologies to fit within the context of the unique operating environment of specific clients
· Develop and maintain relationships with stakeholders across other EY functional groups
· Meet engagement project expectations defined by project and engagement stakeholders
· Identify, communicate and address project risks, assumptions and constraints
· Manage and supervise resources, communications, and cost management of projects/programs
· Demonstrate the ability to effectively negotiate priorities across multiple groups/teams
· Identify opportunities to enhance data reporting and analysis for specific projects and engagements
Skills and attributes for Success
· Intellectual curiosity and strong sense of professional skepticism
· Ability to quickly grasp complex financial business processes involving multiple stakeholders and information systems
· Effective teaming and collaboration with individuals from a variety of backgrounds and skillsets
To qualify for this role, you must have
· Bachelor’s degree
· Five (5) or more years relevant experience, including at least three (3) years’ experience with Federal financial business processes, internal audit, risks and control.
· United States citizenship; and must be able to obtain and maintain a public trust clearance or higher
· Strong communication, facilitation and presentation
· Ability to determine if projects are meeting milestone deadlines and budget requirements
· Ability to determine if structure of the project is accurate and if adjustments are required
· Confidence in working with a nationally distributed team and ability to oversee and direct resources in a managed services environment
· Ability manage teams to meet tight deadlines and follow up on open issues
· Excellent English language skills ' both written and verbal
· Excellent Microsoft Office skills (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, SharePoint) ,
· Working knowledge of or ability to become proficient with Tableau and Visio
· Flexibility to travel up to 20%
Ideally, you’ll also have
CDFM, CGFM, or CISA are desirable
What we look for
We are looking for people who strive to lead themselves, their teams, and their communities, people who can foster effective team work to drive results. We’re interested in authentic communicators with the ability to collaborate with EY colleagues across various teams who want to develop personally and professionally in a dynamic organization
What working at EY offers
We offer a competitive compensation package where you'll be rewarded based on your performance and recognized for the value you bring to our business. In addition, our Total Rewards package includes medical and dental coverage, pension and 401(k) plans, and a range of programs and benefits designed to support your physical, financial and social well-being. Plus, we offer:
· Support and coaching from some of the most engaging colleagues in the industry
· Opportunities to develop new skills and progress your career
· The freedom and flexibility to handle your role in a way that's right for you
As a global leader in assurance, tax, transaction and advisory services, we hire and develop the most passionate people in their field to help build a better working world. This starts with a culture that believes in giving you the training, opportunities and creative freedom to make things better. So that whenever you join, however long you stay, the exceptional EY experience lasts a lifetime.
If you can confidently demonstrate that you meet the criteria above, please contact us as soon as possible.
Make your mark. Apply today.
EY provides equal employment opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, or any other legally protected basis, in accordance with applicable law.