Government & Public Sector – Data and Analytics – Senior Analyst
From strategy to execution, the Government & Public Sector practice of Ernst & Young LLP provides a full range of consulting and audit services to help our Federal, State, Local and Education clients implement new ideas to help achieve their mission outcomes. We deliver real change and measurable results through our diverse, high-performing teams, quality work at the highest professional standards, operational know-how from across our global organization, and creative and bold ideas that drive innovation. We enable our government clients to achieve their mission of protecting the nation and serving the people; increasing public safety; improving healthcare for our military, veterans and citizens; delivering essential public services; and helping those in need. EY is ready to help our government build a better working world.
The Service Delivery Center is made up of high-performing, US-based resources who work closely with our experienced professionals to deliver project-based work and managed services to our federal clients. The Service Delivery Center is a core component of the Government & Public Sector practice (GPS). We currently have an opportunity for a senior analyst to join our growing practice.
Your Key Responsibilities
· Provide management, supervision and evaluation of analysts
· Analyze large client financial and operational data sets
· Manage the performance of manual and automated data extraction, transformation, and loading procedures
· Manage the creation and execution of SQL queries to view, create and update client data
· Manage data collection to support weekly, monthly and ad hoc reports and interactive dashboards
· Manage the creation and processing of client data files and other client deliverables
· Manage the performance of due diligence and investigative research on client projects
· Create client business, financial and operational documentation
· Create, develop, and implement standards and best practices for analysts and associate analysts
Skills and attributes for success
· Ability to facilitate the transfer of business needs into actionable plans to develop tools, techniques, and metrics for reporting and visualizations
· Great communication skills and ability to collaborate and mentor others
· Innovative mindset, staying up to date on industry trends relevant to client’s business
· Ability to analyze data sets using a range of analytical techniques to extract insights
· Strong technical skills and troubleshooting techniques
To qualify for this role, you must have
· United States citizenship; and must be able to obtain and maintain a public trust clearance or higher
· A Bachelor's degree, with a minimum of 3 years' experience in Data Analytics, Data Engineering, Automation or other technology related field
· One years' experience with federal financial data analytics related work
· Strong coding experience in SQL, R, and/or Python is required
· Practical experience in Tableau and/or Microsoft Power BI visualization development is required
· In-depth understanding of ETL concepts and industry standard tools is preferred
· Ability to determine if projects are meeting milestone deadlines and budget requirements
· Ability to determine if structure of the project is accurate and if adjustments are required
· Confidence in working with a nationally distributed team and ability to oversee and direct resources in a managed services environment.
· Ability to manage teams to prioritize assignments, meet tight deadlines and follow up on open issues
· Excellent English language skills ' both written and verbal
· Excellent Microsoft Office skills (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, SharePoint) ,
Ideally, you'll also have
· Certification in a data visualization tool such as Power BI or Tableau,or a programming or statistical language.
· Ability to progress towards achieving CISA or PMP certification
What working at EY offers
We offer a competitive compensation package where you'll be rewarded based on your performance and recognized for the value you bring to our business. In addition, our Total Rewards package includes medical and dental coverage, pension and 401(k) plans, a minimum of three weeks of vacation plus ten observed holidays and three paid personal days, and a range of programs and benefits designed to support your physical, financial and social well-being. Plus, we offer:
· Support and coaching from some of the most engaging colleagues in the industry
· Opportunities to develop new skills and progress your career
· The freedom and flexibility to handle your role in a way that's right for you
As a global leader in assurance, tax, transaction and advisory services, we hire and develop the most passionate people in their field to help build a better working world. This starts with a culture that believes in giving you the training, opportunities and creative freedom to make things better. So that whenever you join, however long you stay, the exceptional EY experience lasts a lifetime.
If you can confidently demonstrate that you meet the criteria above, please contact us as soon as possible.
Make your mark. Apply today
EY provides equal employment opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, or any other legally protected basis, in accordance with applicable law.