From strategy to execution, the Government & Public Sector practice of Ernst & Young LLP providesa full range of consulting and audit services to help our Federal, State, Local and Education clients implement new ideas to help achieve their mission outcomes. We deliver real change and measurable results through our diverse, high-performing teams, quality work at the highest professional standards, operational know-how from across our global organization, and creative and bold ideas that drive innovation. We enable our government clients to achieve their mission of protecting the nation and serving the people; increasing public safety; improving healthcare for our military, veterans and citizens; delivering essential public services; and helping those in need. EY is ready to help our government build a better working world.
As our GPS practice continues to expand, we have openings in our IT Risk Assurance service line.
When you are on our GPS team, you specialize in a particular competency Risk, Performance Improvement or Assurance. You also have the opportunity to work across disciplines with professionals who have broad industry sector experience and deep subject-matter knowledge. In GPS, our growth strategy focuses on being account-centric, issue-based, and competency-driven. That's what differentiates EY US GPS in the government marketplace.
As a member of our GPS team, you will join a talented group of professionals serving in key roles advising US federal agencies addressing issues in performance improvement, program effectiveness, audit and audit readiness, financial management, and IT advisory. The EY GPS practice focuses across disciplines with defense and national security, civilian, health, and international agencies.
Our broad portfolio of services is aimed at driving relevant, tangible results. We believe integration fosters innovation. Unprecedented challenges require support that is connected, responsive and insightful. Are you ready to join our team and help build a better working world?
Your Key Responsibilities
As a member of the IT Risk Assurance team, you will serve as a key resource in delivering quality client services on financial statement audits, attestation engagements and IT control projects. You will conduct research as needed, assist in the testing of IT general and application controls, prepare for and attend client meetings, establish relationships with client personnel at the appropriate levels, and deepen sector and client knowledge.
Skills and attributes for Success
Some key capabilities you should be prepared to bring to client-facing and internal teams include:
· Demonstrate working knowledge and aptitude in some of our key capabilities for example, IT general and application controls, risk management, information security, and information assurance
· Take a practical approach to solving issues and gaining client agreement
· Collaborate among team members; promote an inclusive working environment
To qualify for the role you must have
· Bachelor's degree and approximately one year of relevant work experience. Relevant experience in: information assurance, information security, risk management, IT general and application controls, leading standards (e.g., COSO, ERM, FISCAM, FISMA, NIST), IT technologies (e.g., Windows, UNIX, Oracle, Mainframe, SAP), preparing written or verbal materials, working within a team
· Must be able to obtain and maintain a Secret-level clearance or higher
· All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or national origin
· The EY Government and Public Sector Practice’s staffing model is to assign resources to projects aligned to the office within the metropolitan area you have been hired; however, in certain circumstances, travel may be required within and/or beyond your geographic region based on client and project needs. For roles within the federal practice, the flexibility to travel up to approximately 30% is preferred. Within the state, local and education practice, the flexibility to travel up to approximately 80% is preferred.
Ideally you'll also have
· Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
· Ability to collaborate with clients and team members
· Demonstrated interest in government and public sector
· Excellent verbal and written communication skills
What we look for
We are interested in professionals who are future leaders and passionate about helping the government achieve its full potential. You will need a collaborative and growth-minded attitude to deliver the best results. If you are looking for a role that will challenge you, give you opportunities to grow, and encourage you to own your career, this role is for you.
What working at EY offers
We offer a competitive compensation package where you'll be rewarded based on your performance and recognized for the value you bring to our business. In addition, our Total Rewards package includes medical and dental coverage, both pension and 401(k) plans, a minimum of three weeks of vacation plus ten observed holidays and three paid personal days, and a range of programs and benefits designed to support your physical, financial and social well-being. Plus, we offer:
· Support and coaching from some of the most engaging colleagues in the industry
· Opportunities to develop new skills and progress your career
· The freedom and flexibility to handle your role in a way that's right for you
As a global leader in assurance, tax, transaction and advisory services, we hire and develop the most passionate people in their field to help build a better working world. This starts with a culture that believes in giving you the training, opportunities and creative freedom to make things better. So that whenever you join, however long you stay, the exceptional EY experience lasts a lifetime.
If you can confidently demonstrate that you meet the criteria above, please contact us as soon as possible.
Make your mark. Apply today
EY provides equal employment opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, or any other legally protected basis, in accordance with applicable law.