GPS Advisory Risk Cybersecurity Senior
From strategy to execution, the Government & Public Sector practice of Ernst & Young LLP providesa full range of consulting and audit services to help our Federal, State, Local and Education clients implement new ideas to help achieve their mission outcomes. We deliver real change and measurable results through our diverse, high-performing teams, quality work at the highest professional standards, operational know-how from across our global organization, and creative and bold ideas that drive innovation. We enable our government clients to achieve their mission of protecting the nation and serving the people; increasing public safety; improving healthcare for our military, veterans and citizens; delivering essential public services; and helping those in need. EY is ready to help our government build a better working world.
As our US GPS practice continues to expand, we have Senior openings in our Risk Cybersecurity service line.
When you are on our GPS team, you specialize in a particular competency – Risk, Performance Improvement, or Assurance. You also have the opportunity to work across disciplines with professionals who have broad industry sector experience and deep subject-matter knowledge. In GPS, our growth strategy focuses on being account-centric, issue-based, and competency-driven. That’s what differentiates EY US GPS in the government marketplace.
As a member of our GPS team you will join a talented group of professionals, serving in key roles advising US Federal Agencies addressing issues in risk/cybersecurity, performance improvement, program effectiveness, audit and audit readiness, financial management, and IT advisory. The EY GPS practice focuses across disciplines with Defense and National Security, Civilian, Health, and International agencies.
Our broad portfolio of services is aimed at driving relevant, tangible results. We believe integration fosters innovation. Unprecedented challenges require support that is connected, responsive, and insightful. Are you ready to join our team and help build a better working world?
Your key responsibilities
· Coordinate large-scale cybersecurity engagements.
· Provide both subject matter expertise and project management experience to serve as the “point person” for engagement teams.
· Work with prospective clients to identify opportunities, scope engagements, and build relationships.
· Develop and review reports and presentations for both technical and executive audiences.
· Assist staff by providing mentorship and coaching to grow their technical and consulting skills.
· Improve EY’s business processes and incident response methodologies.
· Routine line management and leadership of staff within the cybersecurity Management function.
· Planning and budgeting to motivational and promotional activities expounding the value of cybersecurity.
· Leveraging cybersecurity frameworks / standards like RMF, ISO/IEC 27001:2013, NIST CSF, NIST 800-53, etc.
· Participate in preparation and implementation of necessary cybersecurity policies, standards, procedures and guidelines, in conjunction with the Security Committee.
· Participate in the design and operation of related compliance monitoring and improvement activities to ensure compliance both with internal security policies etc. and applicable laws and regulations.
· Participate in suitable cybersecurity awareness, training and educational activities.
· Participate in cybersecurity risk assessments and controls selection activities.
Skills and attributes for success
· Knowledge of the Cybersecurity Protect/Detect/Respond lifecycle for IT environments and for Critical Infrastructure Protection including some of the following areas: Cyber Governance, Policy, and Strategy Services; Cyber Regulations, Privacy and Compliance Services; Data Protection Services; Architecture and Design Services; Vulnerability Assessment; Red Team Services/Penetration Testing; Active Defense (Hunting); Cyber Analytics; Digital Technologies (Internet of Things, Cloud, Mobility, Robotic Process Automation); Threat Exposure Monitoring Services; Threat Detection; Identity and Access Management Services; Insider Threat; Advanced Malware Detection Services; War Gaming; and Incident Response.
· Knowledge of the current security environment and industry trends to identify engagement and client service issues, communicate this information to the engagement team and client management through written correspondence and verbal presentations
· Knowledge of and experience working with Federal clients including some of the following: Branches of the Military, Defense Agencies, Intelligence Community, Civil Agencies, Federal Health Agencies, or Federal International Agencies.
· Work closely with engagement manager to co-lead and own multiple parts of the engagement delivery
· Deliver quality client services. Drive high-quality work products within expected timeframes and on budget
To qualify for the role you must have
· A bachelor's degree in a related field and approximately 2-3 years of related work experience; or a graduate degree and approximately 2 years of related work experience.
· Demonstrated characteristics of a forward thinker and self-motivator who thrives on new challenges and adapts to learning new knowledge.
· Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
· Strong presentation and communication skills.
· Able to work collaboratively in a team environment.
· CISSP, GSLC, CEH, CISM, CISA, CIPT, CIPM, CRISC or other relevant certification desired; non-certified hires are required to become certified within 1 year from the date of hire.
· Knowledge of cybersecurity frameworks / standards like RMF, ISO/IEC 27001:2013, PCI DSS, NIST CSF, NIST 800-53 and cybersecurity laws and regulations such as HIPAA, FISMA and GLBA.
· Must be able to obtain and maintain a Secret-level clearance or higher.
· The EY Government and Public Sector Practice’s staffing model is to assign resources to projects aligned to the office within the metropolitan area you have been hired; however, in certain circumstances, travel may be required within and/or beyond your geographic region based on client and project needs. For roles within the federal practice, the flexibility to travel up to approximately 30% is preferred. Within the state, local and education practice, the flexibility to travel up to approximately 80% is preferred.
· All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, or national origin.
Ideally, you’ll also have
· Prior Big 4 or other relevant consulting experience
· A military/government background
What we look for
We’re interested in intellectually curious people with a genuine passion for cybersecurity. With your broad exposure across Cyber Transformation, we’ll turn to you to speak up with innovative ideas that could make a lasting difference not only to us – but also to the industry as a whole. If you have the confidence in both your presentation and technical abilities to grow into a leading expert here, this is the role for you.
What working at EY offers
We offer a competitive compensation package where you’ll be rewarded based on your performance and recognized for the value you bring to our business. In addition, our Total Rewards package includes medical and dental coverage, both pension and 401(k) plans, a minimum of 15 days of vacation plus ten observed holidays and three paid personal days, and a range of programs and benefits designed to support your physical, financial and social well-being. Plus, we offer:
· Support, coaching and feedback from some of the most engaging colleagues in the industry
· Opportunities to develop new skills and progress your career
· The freedom and flexibility to handle your role in a way that’s right for you
As a global leader in assurance, tax, transaction and advisory services, we hire and develop the most passionate people in their field to help build a better working world. This starts with a culture that believes in giving you the training, opportunities and creative freedom to make things better. So that whenever you join, however long you stay, the exceptional EY experience lasts a lifetime.
If you can confidently demonstrate that you meet the criteria above, please contact us as soon as possible.
Join us in building a better working world. Apply now.
EY provides equal employment opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, or any other legally protected basis, in accordance with applicable law.