The Brand, Marketing and Communication (BMC) function has an important role to play in helping to achieve EY’s Vision 2020 ambition to become the leading global professional services organization. We work hand in hand with the business to take services and solutions to market; bring our purpose, building a better working world, to life for our people, clients and communities; engage our people and build a high performing culture; and to build the commercial value and emotional resonance of the EY brand.
The function is made up of around 2,000 professionals, working across the Executive and Regions in the following areas of specialism: Brand; Marketing; PR/Media Relations & External Communications; Internal Communications &Employee Engagement; Corporate communications.
BMC also includes a number of teams who are responsible for content development, editorial, webcasts, events-staging, strategy, planning and operations. Through the collective power of BMC, and the other teams and specialists we work with, we aim to build a better working world by driving commercial value through distinctive marketing and communications that deliver measurable market impact.
· Function: Brand, Marketing & Communications (BMC)
· Sub Function: Communication & Engagement
· Job Rank: Assistant Director
· Scope: Global
· Location: US-based or EMEIA; London preferred
· Develop strong “trusted advisor” relationships with Global Tax leadership, as well as other service lines and sectors, and the wider BMC team globally
· Develop and execute innovative and creative communication approaches aligned to the Global Tax strategy, specifically supporting internal activation of external thought leadership and various market messaging, and the activation of Talent priorities, including Purpose, leadership appointments, career development and the exceptional EY experience
· Support the development and continuous improvement of the core set of Tax BMC communications strategies, enablement tools and channels
· Work closely with BMC colleagues in Communications and Engagement, Go-to-Market, and Brand and External Communications to help ensure integrated activities across the business
· Leverage internal tracking tools, dashboards and Global Delivery Services (GDS) to implement consistent campaign measurement and reporting for regular evaluation of communication strategies
· Maintain up-to-date knowledge on BMC and Tax issues, trends and long-term implications for EY’s brand strategy generally and its Communications and Engagement approach in particular
Skills and attributes for success
· Deliver on Tax and BMC strategic priorities; align BMC initiatives with EY’s performance agenda and revenue goals; achieve the desired results; communicate the BMC value proposition
· Demonstrate excellent written communications and the ability to work under pressure to tight deadlines with accuracy and attention to detail
· Develop appropriate project plans in alignment with BMC methodologies and standards; effectively partner with stakeholders to execute against project plans; be adaptable and proactive in addressing project challenges
· Assert own ideas and persuade others; gain support and commitment from others; mobilize people to take action; use creative approaches to motivate others to meet practice and BMC strategic goals; engage with leaders effectively to gain sponsorship for activities
· Partner with stakeholders to identify business needs; proactively provide exceptional client service; advise clients on communications strategies; work collaboratively and effectively with peer functions and stakeholders to deliver on EY and BMC strategic priorities
To qualify for the role, you must have:
· Years of experience in internal or corporate communications with proven track record supporting executive teams
· Excellent time, project management and delivery management skills
· Ability to interact, influence and communicate effectively with key stakeholders
· Ability to flex and adapt to changing needs and assignments
· A portfolio of work demonstrating creativity and innovation, and the ability to work independently
· Strong understanding of social media, video and digital platforms
· Strong verbal and written English
· Bachelor’s degree (or equivalent area of study or experience); professional or higher qualification in Communications, Corporate Communications, Marketing Communications preferred
Ideally, you’ll also have:
· Experience in a cross-border role, managing complex global programs
· Ability to travel to different locations as required
· Working knowledge of EY, the professional services sector, or matrix organizations
· For internal candidates: Experience working with Unily and Yammer
What working at EY offers
We offer a competitive remuneration package where you’ll be rewarded for your individual and team performance. Our comprehensive Total Rewards package includes support for flexible working and career development, and with FlexEY you can select benefits that suit your needs, covering holidays, health and well-being, insurance, savings and a wide range of discounts, offers and promotions. Plus, we offer:
· Support, coaching and feedback from some of the most engaging colleagues around
· Opportunities to develop new skills and progress your career
· The freedom and flexibility to handle your role in a way that’s right for you
EY is committed to being an inclusive employer and we are happy to consider flexible working arrangements. We strive to achieve the right balance for our people, enabling us to deliver excellent client service whilst allowing you to build your career without sacrificing your personal priorities. While our client-facing professionals can be required to travel regularly, and at times be based at client sites, our flexible working arrangements can help you to achieve a lifestyle balance.
As a global leader in assurance, tax, transaction and consulting services, we’re using the finance products, expertise and systems we’ve developed to build a better working world. That starts with a culture that believes in giving you the training, opportunities and creative freedom to make things better. Whenever you join, however long you stay, the exceptional EY experience lasts a lifetime.
If you can confidently demonstrate that you meet the criteria above, please contact us as soon as possible.
Join us in building a better working world.
EY provides equal employment opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, or any other legally protected basis, in accordance with applicable law.