At EY, you’ll have the chance to build a career as unique as you are, with the global scale, support, inclusive culture and technology to become the best version of you. And we’re counting on your unique voice and perspective to help EY become even better, too. Join us and build an exceptional experience for yourself, and a better working world for all.
We’re looking for an experienced actuarial professional to join our team and assist us with numerous projects in the General Insurance field.
EY's Global Actuarial Services practice, with over 1700 actuarial professionals, ranks in the Top 3 actuarial services practices in the world. We aim to provide truly integrated services across all disciplines in the Insurance and Financial Services industries. Through our deep knowledge of the global insurance industry, local regulatory requirements and our understanding of the industry, we have built a strong reputation as the leading actuarial and insurance advisor.
This is an opportunity to become part of the EY General Insurance success story in Greece and across Europe.
We offer a wide range of services, providing a mix of consulting and assurance assistance to clients on:
· IFRS 17
· Risk pricing & pricing optimization
· Financial and actuarial transformation
· Solvency II
· Regulatory reporting
· Reinsurance & capital management
· Financial reporting
· Internal model approval support
· Internal model validation
· Enterprise Risk Management
· Operational Excellence
Our business model ensures that:
· our competencies extend beyond other actuarial consultancies;
· we leverage the synergies of being part of broader European and global actuarial teams and collaborating in numerous international engagements;
· we enjoy the advantages of being part of 'Big 4 firm' multi-service-line offerings; and
· we combine consulting, audit and audit-related projects with a global client reach
Your key responsibilities :
· Participate in the technical delivery and reporting for projects, taking ownership of at least one major workstream;
· Communicate with client contacts and help manage expectations of delivery, content, timescales and cost;
· Participate in the preparation and presentation to clients at senior executive and board levels;
· Contribute to projects as a topic / subject matter specialist;
· Play your part in the development of intellectual property to support sales-oriented client interaction;
· Assist in responding to client proposals;
· Develop people through effectively coaching and mentoring more junior staff; and
· Play a role in team administration tasks - such as feedback, counselling, finance, recruitment, learning, etc.
To qualify for the role you must have:
· 3 – 5 years of experience as an actuary in the general insurance sector gained from working either in an insurer or at an actuarial consultancy firm;
· You will be a qualified or partially qualified actuary and have a degree-level qualification;
· Proven math and analytical skills, as normally acquired through the pursuit of a bachelor's degree in Mathematics, Statistics, Economics, Actuarial Science, or any other quantitative degree;
· Reserve risk assessment using stochastic techniques;
· A committed approach to continuous professional development is required.
Ideally, you’ll also have :
· Experience in supervising workstreams and individuals
· Experience in pricing techniques will be positively evaluated;
· Experience in reserving under Solvency II and current accounting standard for Property and Casualty classes of business;
· Modeling skills in actuarial software such as ResQ, Igloo, Emblem, Prophet GI, ReMetrica, Tableau etc. will be positively evaluated;
· IFRS 17 knowledge will be considered an asset
What we look for
We are in a strong position to build on our existing client-base which varies by market sector, and by size. These projects are demanding an increased level of classic consulting skills - more intensive client interaction, much wider than actuarial, and up to senior executive and board level.
The team will be strengthened by experienced candidates who bring with them, or are willing to rapidly develop, both consulting skills and expertise in the effective business application of software.
What we offer
We offer a competitive compensation package where you’ll be rewarded based on your performance and recognized for the value you bring to our business.Plus, we offer:
Continuous learning: You’ll develop the mindset and skills to navigate whatever comes next.
Success as defined by you: We’ll provide the tools and flexibility, so you can make a meaningful impact, your way.
Transformative leadership: We’ll give you the insights, coaching and confidence to be the leader the world needs.
Diverse and inclusive culture: You’ll be embraced for who you are and empowered to use your voice to help others find theirs.
EY is a global leader in assurance, tax, strategy, transaction and consulting services. The insights and quality services we deliver help build trust and confidence in the capital markets and in economies the world over. We develop outstanding leaders who team to deliver on our promises to all of our stakeholders. In so doing, we play a critical role in building a better working world for our people, for our clients and for our communities.
EY refers to the global organization, and may refer to one or more, of the member firms of Ernst & Young Global Limited, each of which is a separate legal entity. Ernst & Young Global Limited, a UK company limited by guarantee, does not provide services to clients. Information about how EY collects and uses personal data and a description of the rights individuals have under data protection legislation are available via ey.com/privacy. For more information about our organization, please visit ey.com.
If you can demonstrate that you meet the criteria above, please contact us as soon as possible.
The exceptional EY experience. It’s yours to build.