Global Delivery services is an extended arm of EY country and Global practices where we provide exceptional service to EY clients to ensure hassle-free and cost-effective solution.
Understanding the challenges our clients face, we build and maintain robust processes, identify improvements, provide valuable insights, address unexpected challenges and ensure that you are well-positioned to effectively navigate the ever-changing compliance and regulatory environment.
Our Corporate Services team is part of our integrated tax practice and links closely into our range of taxation services including indirect, employment and corporate tax. We can also link into tax professionals that can provide current and deferred tax provision review and preparation.
By joining our Tax Services, you will help us deliver world-class service and work as part of diverse talent pools across borders in a way that strengthens us globally and empowers us locally.
General spec plus
3 – 8 years experience of full end to end payroll processing experience across Oceania and ASEAN (Australia, New Zealand, Singapore, Malaysia, Indonesia, Thailand, Vietnam) preferred
• Support payroll system set-up including data migration and transition
• Deliver payroll processing service including ensuring the operational aspects of payroll processing and associated activities (including payroll reconciliation, salary disbursement, overpayment recovery, leave management and reporting) are accurate and delivered within appropriate timeframes and comply with relevant legislation
• Prepare complex payroll (and human resource information, if applicable) for data input and assist with checking/reviewing, quality control and maintenance of records to ensure accuracy, service quality and data integrity
• Assist the client to meet its taxation, superannuation and other legislative and statutory obligations through processing and preparation of returns, related reports, forms and other documentation as requested
• Provide a responsive, accurate client advisory service on payroll matters, resolve difficult enquiries and assist in identifying payroll errors and implementing corrective action where required to ensure employee salaries are processed accurately and database integrity is maintained
• Coach, mentor, train and coordinate the activities of the staff
• Works as part of the wider Payroll team and liaise with appropriate staff within the team
• Contribute to the application and monitoring of the Hub’s methodology framework, principles, delegations
• Adhoc reporting and other duties as required
Technical Skills and Qualifications:
(Candidates should address the following points as part of their application)
• Previous experience in high volume full function payroll
• Sound numeracy skills, attention to detail and accuracy
• Proven ability to communicate, both orally and in writing, in English in a clear and concise manner
• Experience in payroll, and the use of a large ERP
• Experience in personnel and people management, including supervision and team building
• Proven ability to work effectively either as an individual or member of a team and relate effectively with staff on all levels
• Proven ability to quickly learn new information, processes and procedures
• Proven ability to meet deadlines and identify and resolve problems
• Experience in the use of Microsoft Office suite of products – intermediate/advanced excel
• A payroll related diploma/certificate may be advantageous, but not necessary
• Prior experience in tax accounting and finance would be beneficial, but not necessary
• Must demonstrate strong analytical skills