EY’s GDS Tax Technology team’s mission is to develop, implement and integrate technology solutions that better serve our clients and engagement teams. As a member of EY’s core Tax practice, you’ll develop a deep tax technical knowledge and outstanding ERP, database, data analytics and programming skills.
Ever-increasing regulations require tax departments to gather, organize and analyse more data than ever before. Often the data necessary to satisfy these ever-increasing and complex regulations must be collected from a variety of systems and departments throughout an organization. Effectively and efficiently handling the variety and volume of data is often extremely challenging and time consuming for a company.
EY's GDS Tax Technology team members work side-by-side with the firm's partners, clients and tax technical subject matter experts to develop and incorporate technology solutions that enhance value-add, improve efficiencies and enable our clients with disruptive and market leading tools supporting Tax.
GDS Tax Technology works closely with clients and professionals in the following areas: Federal Business Tax Services, Partnership Compliance, Corporate Compliance, Indirect Tax Services, Human Capital, and Internal Tax Services. GDS Tax Technology provides solution architecture, application development, testing and maintenance support to the global TAX service line both on a pro-active basis and in response to specific requests.
Your key responsibilities
· Develop and deliver technical systems
· Maintain adherence to architectural standards/principles, global product-specific guidelines, usability design standards, etc.
· Provide support and documentation to assist in sustaining the project during the transition to production where necessary
· Adhere to Application Engineering methodologies, standards
· Provide feedback regarding application engineering methodologies, standards and leading practices when appropriate
· Identify potential points of contention for missed activities and notify project leadership of situation and remediation plan
· Minimize technical exposure and risk on projects
· Technical deliverables (i.e., code and documentation) on projects assigned
· Maintain effective and consistent communication within the team, with peers, the leadership team and the peers in other IT groups
· Proactively raise issues to Technical and Group Leads when necessary
· Produce high quality application engineering deliverables in accordance with the project timeline
· Build and unit test a project to detailed design specifications
· Proactively identifies and addresses application engineering strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats
· Work with security certification team to understand what has to be remediated to be in accordance with EY Security Standards and not new security leak during the update
· Proactively anticipates project issues before they occur; defines the problem; identifies possible causes; works with team to identify solutions; selects and implements most appropriate solution
· Applies judgment in implementing Application Engineering methodologies, processes, and practices to specific requirements of projects/programs which may include product design engineering, information security, code maintainability and reliability
· Sound analytical skills and problem solving skills needed to manage multiple technical challenges simultaneously per each project assigned when needed
Skills and attributes for success
· Total relevant experience of at least 6 years in the areas as mentioned in the below points.
· At least 3 years of relevant hands on work experience building, integrating and delivering enterprise-wide web and windows applications using Microsoft and other technologies for large organizations on complex projects
· Must have at least 3+ years of experience in designing interactive SharePoint pages, web-based pages and other communication/team based pages.
· Experience working with PowerApps to built interactive solutions consisting of workflows and other capabilities
· 3+ years of ASP.Net MVC, experience
· Experience working with PowerBI, Tableu or other BI tools
· 3+ years of client side development experience, with strong skills in:
· Proficiency in Photoshop, Illustrator, or other visual design and wire-framing tools.
· Experience in working with applications that have a SQL Server backend (SQL Server 2012 and newer) will be an added advantage
· Experience with Team Foundation Server would be a plus
· Experience with Object-Relational Mappers such as Entity Framework or NHibernate would be a plus
· Experience with HTML 5, JSON, Web Services, WCF, WPF
To qualify for the role, you must have
· Degree in a technical field and/or equivalent work experience
Ideally, you’ll also have
· Demonstrated ability to build strong working relationships
· Excellent communication skills, verbal and written
· Ability to work within diverse, global, virtual teams
What we look for
We look for candidates with proven capabilities of leading a team. Working closely with clients ofPeople Advisory Services within and outside EY
What we offer
EY Global Delivery Services (GDS) is a dynamic and truly global delivery network. We work across six locations – Argentina, China, India, the Philippines, Poland and the UK – and with teams from all EY service lines, geographies and sectors, playing a vital role in the delivery of the EY growth strategy. From accountants to coders to advisory consultants, we offer a wide variety of fulfilling career opportunities that span all business disciplines. In GDS, you will collaborate with EY teams on exciting projects and work with well-known brands from across the globe. We’ll introduce you to an ever-expanding ecosystem of people, learning, skills and insights that will stay with you throughout your career.
· Continuous learning: You’ll develop the mindset and skills to navigate whatever comes next.
· Success as defined by you: We’ll provide the tools and flexibility, so you can make a meaningful impact, your way.
· Transformative leadership: We’ll give you the insights, coaching and confidence to be the leader the world needs.
· Diverse and inclusive culture: You’ll be embraced for who you are and empowered to use your voice to help others find theirs.
EY | Building a better working world
EY exists to build a better working world, helping to create long-term value for clients, people and society and build trust in the capital markets.
Enabled by data and technology, diverse EY teams in over 150 countries provide trust through assurance and help clients grow, transform and operate.
Working across assurance, consulting, law, strategy, tax and transactions, EY teams ask better questions to find new answers for the complex issues facing our world today.
If you can demonstrate that you meet the criteria above, please contact us as soon as possible.
The exceptional EY experience. It’s yours to build.