In EY Tax, you’ll have the opportunity to help the world’s leading multinational organizations meet complex tax obligations around the world. You’ll get a unique glimpse deep inside a company’s business and become a trusted advisor, working collaboratively on a team that influences major business decisions. Demand has made this a rapidly growing area, and the relationships we build here translate into big business in other areas, making this a true priority.
As a Tax Services Manager, you will be a part of ourFinancial Services practice.This position offers excellent opportunities for learning and career advancement to the right candidate.
Your key responsibilities
As a Manager, you will participate in and supervise multiple and challenging tax consulting engagements including design thinking, research and writing memoranda, opinions and other materials for clients
Skills and attributes for success
· Leading large and medium sized engagements.
· Conducting and documenting tax research and advising on planning opportunities, tax compliance strategies, and compliance issues.
· Review the work of junior staff for accuracy and completeness.
· Become part of the tax engagement team in servicing needs of clients.
· Working closely with other members of our team on tax technical interpretation work for clients
· Establish relationships with clients and gain a solid understanding of their business.
· Meet and present to clients as required
· Develop and improve technical skills by remaining up to date on trends, new developments and tax authority decisions, and apply them to complex situations.
· Support the development and coaching of tax professionals and other junior tax staff members.
· Participate in and contribute to the attainment of team objectives.
To qualify for the role you must have
· Professional accounting designation or law degree or other degree with relevant experience
· Minimum of three to four years Canadian tax experience
· Ability to research and write
· Strong project management and organizational skills
· Ability to work with tight deadlines
Ideally, you’ll also have
· Previous experience dealing with clients within the financial services sector is strongly preferred
· Mature, proactive, committed, highly motivated and driven team player
What we look for
We’re interested in strong team players who support their colleagues in reaching their goals while also considering their own workload and development. We’re looking for people with a genuine passion for tax, and the future of tax, and are inspired to help the world’s leading multinational organizations meet complex tax obligations around the world. If you have the confidence to speak up and influence a team that affects big businesses worldwide, this role is for you.
What working at EY offers
At EY, our Total Rewards package supports our commitment to creating a leading people culture - built on high-performance teaming - where everyone can achieve their potential and contribute to building a better working world for our people, our clients and our communities. It's one of the many reasons we repeatedly win awards for being a great place to work.
We offer a competitive compensation package where you’ll be rewarded based on your performance and recognized for the value you bring to our business. In addition, our Total Rewards package allows you decide which benefits are right for you and which ones help you create a solid foundation for your future. Our Total Rewards package includes a comprehensive medical, prescription drug and dental coverage, a defined contribution pension plan, a great vacation policy plus firm paid days that allow you to enjoy longer long weekends throughout the year, statutory holidays and paid personal days (based on province of residence), and a range of exciting programs and benefits designed to support your physical, financial and social well-being. Plus, we offer:
· Support and coaching from some of the most engaging colleagues in the industry
· Learning opportunities to develop new skills and progress your career
· The freedom and flexibility to handle your role in a way that’s right for you
As a global leader in assurance, tax, transaction and advisory services, we’re using the finance products, expertise and systems we’ve developed to build a better working world. That starts with a culture that believes in giving you the training, opportunities and creative freedom to make things better. Whenever you join, however long you stay, the exceptional EY experience lasts a lifetime.
If you can confidently demonstrate that you meet the criteria above, please contact us as soon as possible.
Make your mark. Apply today .
EY is committed to inclusiveness, equity and accessibility. We encourage all qualified candidates to apply.