EY Client Technology is looking to fill a number of roles for a brand-new Technology hub being setup in Vancouver. This new Technology centre will work closely with the Canada business counterparts and the Global Client Technology teams to drive profitable revenue growth and enable market differentiation through asset-powered solutions.
Technology has always been at the heart of what we do and deliver at EY. Technology solutions are integrated in the client services we deliver and is key to us being more innovative as an organization. We need technology to keep an organization the size of ours working efficiently. We partner with business teams to marry their client knowledge and innovative ideas with our platforms, capabilities and technology expertise and to scale and industrialize these to provide technology solutions for the benefit of EY’s clients.
As a Product Engineer @EYT, you will be in the thick of things! You will work on the most difficult & fun phases of product engineering, including:
· Design & Development of resilient, highly scalable, multi-tenant micro-services;
· Tooling to facilitate data acquisition, persistence; Setting up and performing A/B Tests;
· Unit tests, Integration tests, Performance tests and tuning to enable high performance/low latency services
· Great inline documentation in code, code reviews to improve coding standards / performance.
You will also have a lot of fun innovating on Products & Technology, including:
· Work alongside a team of Product Engineers in delivering products;
· Have fun experimenting with emerging technology, participating in hackathons etc;
· Help transform EY Technology into a Product organization.
Analytical/Decision Making Responsibilities:
· Be very strong in algorithms, data structures, problem solving, building to scale by leveraging cloud computing
· Handle ambiguity and able to move forward with imperfect information and get things done in a rapidly changing environment
· Must be comfortable working in an environment where ideas are challenged;
· Takes pride in producing clean, re-usable code and takes full ownership of the quality of code;
· Should possess good product instinct and excellent project management skills to push projects over the finish line with sound planning and persistent execution;
· Should know how to align resources to achieve desired results
Knowledge and Skills Requirements:
· Experience in build/CI/CD tools: Ant/Maven/Gradle, Jenkins, GIT.
· Fluent in a scripting languages (Python, Groovy) and Operating Systems (*nix, MacOS). Exposure to Orchestration (Apache Camel), Caching, ESB.
· Experience in developing resilient web services (microservices etc). Great understanding of RESTful architecture. Exposure to Apache CXF/other web services framework would be a plus.
· Proficiency in data modelling, database technologies (both SQL –preferably Oracle - and No SQL), ORM Tools (Hibernate etc) and Data Visualization/Analysis (Splunk, Tableau, NewRelic, Logstash/Kibana).
· Experience in web development with large/internet scale consumption (distributed, scalable and high-volume systems)
· Familiar with DevOps, Agile/Scrum.
· Experience in use of cloud computing, OpenStack and infrastructure resilience and elasticity (Azure, AWS, Google Cloud, Rackspace etc)
· Keen understanding of Application, Infrastructure and resilience.
· Experience with software and product development lifecycle (incl. coding, coding standards and reviews, source control, testing, debugging, build, deployment and operations)
· Exposure to Machine Learning
Regular international and domestic travel. Reasonable extension of the working day should be expected commensurate with the needs to fulfill the obligations of the role
· Required:B.E./B.Tech in Computer Science or related field from a top tier engineering college
· Preferred:Masters / PhD in Computer Science from a premier university
· Preferably 4+ years of product engineering experience in renowned product organizations.
· Have deployed code to production that takes very significant traffic volumes. Have dealt with automation / engineering issues
· You are Glocal , ie.
· Can coordinate / collaborate with teams & stakeholders in multiple geographies
· Manage teams with participants in multiple geographies.
· Can quickly form strong working relationships with colleagues within and outside your location.
What working at EY offers
We offer a competitive remuneration package where you’ll be rewarded for your individual and team performance. Our comprehensive Total Rewards package includes support for flexible working and career development, and with FlexEY you can select benefits that suit your needs, covering holidays, health and well-being, insurance, savings and a wide range of discounts, offers and promotions. Plus, we offer:
· Support, coaching and feedback from some of the most engaging colleagues around
· Opportunities to develop new skills and progress your career
· The freedom and flexibility to handle your role in a way that’s right for you
If you can confidently demonstrate that you meet the criteria above, please contact us as soon as possible.
Join us in building a better working world.
EY provides equal employment opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.