In a rapidly evolving business environment, risk can come from every angle — upside, downside and outside — and can be hard to see, anticipate and respond to, as a result creating disruption. Organizations look to us to transform their approach to risk – to turn it into a means to not only protect the enterprise but create value. Our Risk practice helps organizations embrace risks with trust and confidence, enhance their risk functions and harness risk intelligence to generate fresh value through aggressive innovation that gives them a competitive advantage. Our Risk practice is building a better working world by being insightful advisors that understand and anticipate risks and respond with offerings to help organizations achieve strategic objectives, maintain stakeholder trust, and attain sustainable growth by supporting their efforts to protect business performance.
As an Associate Analyst, you’ll be based at our newly opened Service Delivery Center (SDC) in San Antonio, Texas, which is made up of high-performing US-based employees who work closely with our region-based Risk professionals to: deliver assessment and attestation services, such as financial statement audits, internal audits, internal control testing, system and organization control reporting; transform clients’ risk functions; and implement technology solutions to provide valuable insight for decision making.
What to expect:
While working effectively in a team environment,yourprojects will vary, making every day interesting. You’ll enjoy opportunitiestolearn new skills, tools and processes every day. That could mean using your eye for detailtocatch mistakes in important transaction documentstoreduce risk for our clients. It could also mean using your analytical expertise to develop or review technical models or documents, as well as directly influencing our clientsthrough meetingsand presentations.Due to thelevel of this work, we’ll need youtobedetail-oriented, analytical andbeable to follow written procedures closely, as well asbeabletoeffectively document the results of your analysis.
Your key responsibilities:
· Assist with collecting informationtogain an understanding and document clients’ processes, risks and controls
· Create process, risk and controldocumentationbased on information collected from clients in accordance with applicable EY methodology
· Assist with performing analysis, identifying potential issues, summarizing and documenting results and observations
· Assist with researching industry leading practices and relevant EY methodology
· Assist with monitoring project progress and risks and update key stakeholders onprogressand expected outcomes
· Collaborate with the Service Delivery teammates and region-based professionalstohelp ensure timely and efficient completion of projects
· Stay informed oftherelevantEYmethodologies, current business, industry, technology, regulatory and profession
developments relevant to clients’ business
To qualify for the role you must have
· A bachelor’s degree in finance, economics, generalbusinessor related field preferred
· Previous professional experience preferred (e.g., internship, externship)
· Strong writing skills and abilitytothink analytically
· Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite (Excel, Word, Outlook, PowerPoint, Access and/or SharePoint) and willingnesstolearn firm and client specific technologies
Ideally, you’ll also have:
Flexibility, as well as work in excess of standard hours when necessary to meet a client deadlines.
What we look for:
We’re interested in flexible professionals who have the ability to work on a number of projects over time, and easily switch gears to work with other clients when required. You’ll also need excellent organizational skills, and a proven record of meeting deadlines. If you’re ready to make a huge impact by working on sensitive and extremely important tasks, this role is for you.
What working at EY offers:
We offer a competitive compensation package where you’ll be rewarded based on your performance and recognized for the value you bring to our business. In addition, our Total Rewards package includes medical and dental coverage, pension and 401(k) plans, and a wide range of paid time off options. Under our flexible vacation policy, you’ll decide how much vacation time you need based on your own personal circumstances. You’ll also be granted time off for designated EY Paid Holidays, Winter/Summer breaks, Personal/Family Care, and other leaves of absence when needed to support your physical, financial, and emotional well-being.
Plus, we offer:
· Support and coaching from some of the most engaging colleagues in the profession
· Opportunities to develop new skills and progress in your career
· Gained flexibility through two-way communication and commitment with your engagement teams
As a global leader in assurance, tax, strategy and transaction services and consulting services, we hire and develop the most passionate people in their field to help build a better working world. This starts with a culture that believes in giving you the training, opportunities and creative freedom to make things better. So that whenever you join, however long you stay, the exceptional EY experience lasts a life- time.
If you can confidently demonstrate that you meet the criteria above, please contact us as soon as possible.
Make your mark. Apply today.
EY provides equal employment opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, or any other legally protected basis, in accordance with applicable law.