Advisory Services Financial Services Office – Financial Services Risk Management (FSRM) – Credit Risk – Senior Consultant
EY's Financial Services Office (FSO) is a unique, industry-focused business unit that provides a broad range of integrated services that leverage deep industry experience with strong functional capability and product knowledge. FSO practice provides integrated advisory services to financial institutions and other capital markets participants, including commercial banks, investment banks, broker-dealers, asset managers (traditional and alternative), insurance and energy trading companies, and the Corporate Treasury functions of leading Fortune 500 Companies. The service offerings provided by the FSO Advisory include: market, credit and operational risk management, regulatory advisory, quantitative advisory, structured finance transaction, actuarial advisory, technology enablement, risk and security, program advisory, and process & controls.
Within EY’s FSO Advisory Practice, the Financial Services Risk Management (FSRM) group provides solutions that can help FSO clients to identify, measure, manage and monitor the market (trading book), credit (banking book), operational, and regulatory risks associated with their trading, asset-liability management, capital management and other capital markets activities.
Within FSRM, the Business Solutions team assists clients to design and implement strategic and functional changes across risk management, treasury, front office, middle office, and back office activities with a focus on risk and valuation processes, regulatory compliance, analytics, strategy, and organizational structure. Practical implementation knowledge of risk and capital management is a key competency of team, focused on regulatory capital, market and counterparty credit risk management and broker-dealer capital requirements. Clients include large domestic and global financial institutions, broker-dealers, foreign banking organizations, asset management firms and insurance companies with significant capital markets activities. Project teams frequently work with the senior management of these firms, including CFOs and CROs.
· Assist banking organizations in conducting the loan review for different portfolios to identify potential loan problems and ensure compliance with established loan policies and federal regulations
· Performing regular loan portfolio reviews based on risk and/or size of all credit types (Commercial & Industrial, Commercial Real Estate, Residential, etc.) that cover the following areas:
· Asset Quality - Ensuring that acceptable credit standards are maintained (confirms lien perfection, repayment capacity, collateral, etc.)
· Documentation - Ensuring that loans conform to established bank lending policies and procedures and that required documents have been obtained and are thorough and accurate
· Compliance - Ensuring conformance to relevant state and federal laws and regulations
· Verifying quality, completeness and accuracy of supporting loan documentation and analysis:
· Periodically reviews files for appraisals, deeds of trust, UCC filings, perfection on liens, collateral evaluations and valuations, etc.
· Performs regular back-end review of financials and related analysis (financial statements, tax returns, rent rolls, personal financial statements, cash flow statements, etc.)
· Identifying trends, debt service coverage ratios, performance ratio analysis
· Provide qualitative summary on each review and supporting analysis
Qualifications, Certifications and Education
· Relevant experience in Loan Review Process/Underwriting Process/Credit Analysis
· Sectoral (various industry types) knowledge and deep understanding of the financial statements and drivers
· Ability to interpret various Balance sheet and Income Statement financial ratios
· Aptitude/ interest to learn and analyze specifics of US capital regulation and regulatory reporting requirements
· Exposure to credit procedures and documentation in banking/ financial institutions is preferred and working knowledge of US lending laws and regulations is a plus
· Exposure to various facets of risk (credit, market, operational, liquidity)
· Strong analytical reasoning skills / finance fundamentals and knowledge of various finance ratios/ metrics
· Exposure in client facing roles in a consulting environment
· Business Analysis background required with experience in gathering, analyzing and documenting requirements
· Excellent presentation skills / writing skills / penchant to understand and analyze the nature of the loan request and various financial ratios
Education and Experience level:
· At least 3-6 years of direct exposure to any of loan review process, underwriting process, credit analysis, US lending laws and regulations.
· Master's degree in business administration (Finance, Economics) from premier institution
· Certifications such as FRM, CFA, PRM
· Reporting tools knowledge/experience – Power BI, Spotfire, etc.
· Proficiency in VBA, MS Access, MS Excel, MS Word, MS Power point
· Willingness to travel to meet client needs
· Previous project management experience