EY’s People Advisory Services (PAS) team is an integrated practice bringing together 10,000 practitioners from Tax and Advisory teams to deliver insight and innovation on people, organisational and compliance issues.
As a leading global Professional Services Firm, EY understands the scale and complexity of how and where people work. PAS enhanced set of joint capabilities provides end-to-end solutions for an organisation’s most pertinent people related business challenges.
The Employment Tax team is looking grow and would like talented individuals with employment tax experience to join their team.
The team specialises in advising clients on UK PAYE, NIC and International Social Security related issues thereby assisting clients in terms of compliance with relevant legislation and in the design of policies which deliver benefits for the employee and manage the cost to the employer.
As part of this team you will have the opportunity to work on a wide client portfolio and have exposure to numerous technical issues through both advisory and compliance projects.
Our clients are some of the largest and most exciting organisations in the world. They are developing their business models in an increasingly complex regulatory landscape, and that's why we need a diverse range of people with a truly global skill set to join us.
Your key responsibilities
· Build and maintain tax relationships with clients and provide high levels of client service
· Assist in winning work by proactively managing existing clients and contribute to winning new clients.
· Assist in managing the successful delivery of tax projects, ensuring technical excellence and practical/business driven approach taken
· Contribute to successfully extracting maximum value for both EY and clients from the tax services delivered whilst managing risk appropriately for both client and the firm
Skills and attributes for success
· Excellent communicator in a range of situations both written and oral
· A strategic and commercial awareness of wide business issues
· An enthusiastic and flexible attitude to work
· The ability to be a strong and motivated team player
· The ability to work under pressure and meet tight deadlines
To qualify for the role you must have
· Experience of working in employment tax, dealing with compliance issues and providing technical advice
· Any of the following qualifications: ATT / ACA / CA / CTA (or breadth of knowledge equivalent to CTA)
What working at EY offers
We offer a competitive remuneration package where you’ll be rewarded for your individual and team performance. Our comprehensive Total Rewards package includes support for flexible working and career development, and with FlexEY you can select benefits that suit your needs, covering holidays, health and well-being, insurance, savings and a wide range of discounts, offers and promotions. Plus, we offer:
· Support and coaching from some of the most engaging colleagues around
· Opportunities to develop new skills and progress your career
· The freedom and flexibility to handle your role in a way that’s right for you
EY is committed to being an inclusive employer and we are happy to consider flexible working arrangements. We strive to achieve the right balance for our people, enabling us to deliver excellent client service whilst allowing you to build your career without sacrificing your personal priorities. While our client-facing professionals can be required to travel regularly, and at times be based at client sites, our flexible working arrangements can help you to achieve a lifestyle balance.
As a global leader in assurance, tax, transaction and advisory services, we’re using the finance products, expertise and systems we’ve developed to build a better working world. That starts with a culture that believes in giving you the training, opportunities andcreativefreedom to make things better.Whenever you join, however long you stay, theexceptionalEY experience lasts a lifetime.And with a commitment to hiring and developing the most passionate people, we’ll make our ambition to be the best employer by 2020 a reality.
If you can confidently demonstrate that you meet the criteria above, please contact us as soon as possible.
Join us in building a better working world.