The EY Forensic & Integrity Services practice advises corporations on complex business matters that require investigative work and analysis by our team using industry knowledge and the latest technology tools. We service clients from various industries including financial services, media & entertainment, real estate & construction, consumer goods, pharmaceutical and others. And as part of our team, you will be on the cutting edge of current trends in fraud and forensic investigations, as well as being at the heart of serving as a quality-focused liaison between our clients and the law.
With approximately 4,500 forensic professionals around the world, EY has the ability to assemble the right multidisciplinary and culturally aligned team to work with clients and their legal advisors. EY works to give clients the beneﬁt of our broad sector experience, providing deep subject-matter knowledge and the latest insights from our work worldwide.
As a member of a team of multidisciplinary professionals, you would assist in a number of tasks including forensic accounting, financial and securities regulation, electronic discovery, risk management and investigating situations where clients detect a problem.
Because our team is an industry leader and highly visible in the marketplace, this is your chance to accelerate your career by joining our team at EY.
What to expect
You will be working on projects that make headlines, are challenging and have an impact on the world, at times requiring you to balance your time among multiple projects and responsibilities, supporting your team across the board. It’s all about using your research and analytical skills to help execute investigations, so our clients will look directly to you to translate complex business information into well-presented and easily understood recommendations. As part of that, you’ll need to develop collaborative skills, along with the confidence to nurture relationships with our clients.
There is no typical day in the EY Forensic & Integrity Services practice. You’ll primarily work on client projects, often helping with executing confidential investigations, looking at documents and transactions (for financial investigations) or source information, and working with seniors and managers to help report on the analysis. As part of that, you’ll need to have a critical eye and be detail-oriented in your review, as you’ll be the first line of defense going through documents, transactions and information to flag important details for seniors’ review.
Your key responsibilities
· Serving on multiple client engagement teams that assist in performing fraud and forensic investigations, expert witness services, and financial and economic analyses
· Maintaining a strong client focus and developing productive working relationships with clients by creating work products that document the engagement procedures
· Utilizing technology to continually learn, share knowledge with team members and enhance service delivery
· Supporting colleagues and valuing others’ contributions through teamwork, integrity and leadership, as well as bringing potential opportunities to the team’s attention
· Operating effectively in a regulated environment
To qualify for the role you must have
· Or be working toward, a bachelor’s or master’s degree in Accounting or dual degrees in Accounting/Finance, Accounting/Economics, Accounting/MIS or similar majors with sufficient course work to achieve CPA certification upon passing the examination
· Passed, or be actively preparing to pass, the CPA examination
· Superior project management, interpersonal, communication, teaming, organizational and technology skills
· Demonstrated analytical and problem-solving skills
· Effective organization and time management skills with ability to work under pressure and adhere to project deadlines
· Flexibility and willingness to travel as well as work in excess of standard hours when necessary.
· A driver’s license valid in the US.
· A valid passport
Ideally, you’ll also have
· Prior work experience or a strong interest in fraud investigation and forensic accounting
What working at EY offers
If you join EY full-time after your internship, we offer a competitive compensation package where you’ll be rewarded based on your performance and recognized for the value you bring to our business. In addition, our Total Rewards package includes medical and dental coverage, pension and 401(k) plans, and a wide range of paid time off options. Under our flexible vacation policy, you’ll decide how much vacation time you need based on your own personal circumstances. You’ll also be granted time off for designated EY Paid Holidays, Winter/Summer breaks, Personal/Family Care, and other leaves of absence when needed to support your physical, financial, and emotional well-being.
Plus, we offer:
· Support and coaching from some of the most engaging colleagues in the profession
· Opportunities to develop new skills and progress in your career
· Gained flexibility through two-way communication and commitment with your engagement teams
As a global leader in assurance, tax, strategy and transaction services and consulting services, we hire and develop the most passionate people in their field to help build a better working world. This starts with a culture that believes in giving you the training, opportunities and creative freedom to make things better. So that whenever you join, however long you stay, the exceptional EY experience lasts a lifetime.
If you can confidently demonstrate that you meet the criteria above, please contact us as soon as possible.
Make your mark. Apply today
EY provides equal employment opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, or any other legally protected basis, in accordance with applicable law.