Client Technology - Forensic Deployment & Engineering
Forensics Application & Infrastructure Engineer - Job Description (Forensic & Integrity Services - Assurance)
EY is a global leader in Assurance, Tax, Transaction and Advisory services. We have people and operations in more than 150 countries, which are organized into four Areas – Americas, Asia-Pacific, EMEIA and Japan – and further divided into Regions.
All our people work in one of our service lines – Assurance, Advisory, Tax, and Transaction Advisory Services (TAS) – or in Core Business Services (CBS) which provides internal operational support such as HR and IT services.
EY is committed to doing its part in building a better working world. The insights and quality services we deliver help build trust and confidence in the capital markets and in economies the world over. We develop outstanding leaders who team to deliver on our promises to all of our stakeholders. In so doing, we play a critical role in building a better working world for our people, for our clients and for our communities.
Our values define who we are. They influence the way we work with each other, our clients and regulators, and our communities, where we use professional skills to create positive change close to home and around the world.
Forensics Application & Infrastructure Engineer - Job Summary:
As a Forensics Application & Infrastructure Engineer you will implement new applications and corresponding infrastructure in support of eDiscovery client serving engagements and projects. The responsibilities include review and input on proposed application architecture, implementation of new infrastructure (physical/virtual servers, network segments, storage appliances),
installation and configuration of complex 3-tier applications, completion of operational documentation, transition and training of the operations team, and level 3 escalation liaising with vendors and other EY IT functions, to produce timely resolution of issues in line with project deadlines. Ideal candidates will possess experience with MS-stack environments, SQL database
configuration and tuning, networking, storage, and virtualization.
Mandatory Technical Skills
· Extensive knowledge of Windows Server operating systems including Windows Server 2012 R2, 2016, and 2019.
· Strong knowledge of MS stack infrastructure apps including Active Directory, GPO management, DNS, and DHCP.
· Strong infrastructure/application troubleshooting skills.
· Extensive and demonstrable understanding of core infrastructure concepts including NAS, SAN, DAS, Virtualization, Firewalls, NSG’s, Infosec tools and concepts such as SOC, Security Baselines, Vulnerability and Penetration testing.
· Linux OS & enterprise app experience (Tomcat, Apache, HA-Proxy, patching, batch scripting, etc.).
· Windows PowerShell scripting and automation.
· Understanding and experience with multi-server 3-tier (web, app, DB) application architecture & deployment.
· 3-5+ years of application support and some familiarity of application development best practices.
· Advanced MS SQL administration experience (T-SQL, backup/restoration, performance, query tuning, etc.).
· Strong conceptual networking knowledge including VLANs, subnetting, firewalls, load balancers, proxies, etc.
Optional / Preferred Technical Skills
· eDiscovery / Data Analytics application knowledge including, Relativity, Brainspace, iPro, Nuix, SEAL, LAW, Nexidia etc.
· Citrix infrastructure architecture, installation and tuning knowledge.
· Identity and authentication workflow technology fundamentals, SAML, OpenID, OAuth, and RSA/Ping.
· Experience with managing large NAS datasets (3+ PB).
· Experience with EMC/Dell Isilon and VNX/VMAX storage solutions.
· Background with Service Now ticketing/ITIL processes.
· Supervisory experience a positive but not required.
· Microsoft Azure infrastructure build & support experience.
· Strong communication, interpersonal and organizational skills.
· Sound judgment and analytical ability.
· Strong documentation skills – MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Confluence.
· The ability to work effectively with clients, management, vendors, and staff members.
· Ability to self-manage schedule and communications with project stakeholders.
· Experience in maintaining mission critical production environments.
· Working knowledge in ITIL processes: Incident, Change, and Problem Management methodologies.
· Ability and resilience to work in a time sensitive environment and still produce high quality results.