EY’s multidisciplinary Quantitative Services (QS) team, specializes in tax credits for Scientific Research and Experimental Development (SR&ED) and Capital Asset Reviews (CAR). We are a dynamic, multidisciplinary group of tax, audit and science & technology professionals who work with companies of all sizes in many different industries, helping them maximize their tax credits and achieve their business objectives. We’re looking for qualified accountants or tax professionals at the staff level to join our team in Vancouver.
Our team brings together the right people and resources to provide our clients with a wide spectrum of services, including:
· scoping sessions to determine if there are eligible SR&ED projects or expenditures
· preparation of technical project descriptions and qualifying expenditure summaries
· preparation of the tax submission
· negotiation of claim settlement with taxation authorities/Canada Customs and Revenue Agency science and audit staff
· implementation of systems to track Business Tax Incentives and reviewing expenditures on major capital projects
· information educational seminars
As a Tax Manager, you will be a part of our Quantitative Services (QS) practice. Our multidisciplinary tax incentives team, specializing in scientific research and experimental development (SR&ED) tax credits and other tax credits and incentives. We offer an excellent opportunity for a talented Senior to play a key role in EY’s rapidly growing and dynamic Incentives practice.
Your key responsibilities
As a Manager for our Quantitative Services practice, you will …
· be exposed to exciting, state-of-the-art R&D work in Canada
· have a wide variety of challenging responsibilities
· learn about a broad range of industries from both a business and engineering perspective
· have an opportunity to play a key role in a specific and growing area in Ernst & Young’s tax practice
· develop skills and knowledge, including Business Tax Incentive law, presentation and educational seminar planning and delivery, facilitation, project management, risk judgment and business development.
Skills and attributes for success
· The successful candidate will be part of a team responsible for assessing projects in client firms, to determine whether they qualify for tax credits or other incentives under federal and provincial BTI programs. Specific responsibilities include:
· preparing Incentive related claims, including costing summaries, linking to supporting documentation, Capital asset analysis
· collecting appropriate documentation for input to reports
· working with a technical specialist in the preparation of the science portion and the submission of the tax claim
· assisting in the defense of Business Tax Incentive claims with tax authorities
· conducting follow-up with client firms to validate information
· training client staff through presentations, seminars and coaching
To qualify for the role, you must have
· Tax background, an asset
· Strong skills in Excel
· Ideally, at least two years experience in a similar position
· Excellent interpersonal and communication skills including ability to work in teams
· Good interviewing skills, with the ability to probe for information
· Organizational skills, analytical ability and detail focused Bilingual (spoken and written)
Ideally, you’ll also have
· Ability to work with tight deadlines
· Mature, proactive, committed, highly motivated and driven team player
What we look for
We’re interested in strong team players who support their colleagues in reaching their goals while also considering their own workload and development. We’re looking for people with a genuine passion for tax, and the future of tax, and are inspired to help the world’s leading multinational organizations meet complex tax obligations around the world. If you have the confidence to speak up and influence a team that affects big businesses worldwide, this role is for you.
What working at EY offers
At EY, our Total Rewards package supports our commitment to creating a leading people culture - built on high-performance teaming - where everyone can achieve their potential and contribute to building a better working world for our people, our clients and our communities. It's one of the many reasons we repeatedly win awards for being a great place to work.
We offer a competitive compensation package where you’ll be rewarded based on your performance and recognized for the value you bring to our business. In addition, our Total Rewards package allows you decide which benefits are right for you and which ones help you create a solid foundation for your future. Our Total Rewards package includes a comprehensive medical, prescription drug and dental coverage, a defined contribution pension plan, a great vacation policy plus firm paid days that allow you to enjoy longer long weekends throughout the year, statutory holidays and paid personal days (based on province of residence), and a range of exciting programs and benefits designed to support your physical, financial and social well-being. Plus, we offer:
· Support and coaching from some of the most engaging colleagues in the industry
· Learning opportunities to develop new skills and progress your career
· The freedom and flexibility to handle your role in a way that’s right for you
As a global leader in assurance, tax, transaction and advisory services, we’re using the finance products, expertise and systems we’ve developed to build a better working world. That starts with a culture that believes in giving you the training, opportunities and creative freedom to make things better. Whenever you join, however long you stay, the exceptional EY experience lasts a lifetime.
If you can confidently demonstrate that you meet the criteria above, please contact us as soon as possible.
Make your mark. Apply today.
EY is committed to inclusiveness, equity and accessibility. We encourage all qualified candidates to apply.