As part of EY’s Vision 2020, we have ambitious plans to develop and expand by creating a high performing team in Bristol, offering an exceptional service to our clients and winning in our local market. Being based in Bristol will help us to serve and strengthen relationships with our clients locally. Our goal is to become the advisor of choice to FS clients and our plans for rapid growth will make us the largest team of FS tax specialists within the region.
For anyone joining the team, it will of course require hard work, but you will be rewarded with an exceptional experience. You will have the opportunity to bring your expertise to help drive the growth of our business and build key relationships with prestigious local clients. Playing a key role in this success will give you the skills you need to propel your career to the highest level, while gaining a broader experience than you might receive in larger, more-established teams.
EY Bristol is a fantastic place to live and work. Our office is large enough to look after some of the biggest names in global business, but small enough to have a closer, family feel. With Bristol being one of the best places to work in the UK, living here enables a better quality of life without sacrificing on a fascinating and rewarding career. And with EY’s strong, people-focused culture that we’re known for, you’ll be rewarded and recognised for your hard work and efforts.
The FS tax practice in Bristol was established in 2017 and is building on the success of the wider FS team which has grown rapidly over recent years to 120 people and created the need for local tax expertise specialised in the sector. Joining the team will give you the unique opportunity to influence, shape and mould the tax practice whilst gaining invaluable experience.
The Bristol FS team all sit together in a collaborative environment enabling you to work closely with the different areas of our business and gain experience across FS sectors. We also maintain strong links to specialists across all our UK offices to share knowledge and stay up to date with the latest trends.
If you’re creative, innovative, curious and looking to progress in your career this could be the perfect opportunity for you.
Your key responsibilities
· Contributing to building and maintaining key client relationships by delivering exceptional client service
· Ensuring technical excellence and practical/business driven approach taken on all projects
· Identifying and driving opportunities – use your knowledge gained from other projects and from our knowledge sharing sessions and technical training to add input to new projects and proposals
· Building your own strong client and internal relationships - develop and use your relationship skills to create your own external and internal networks
· Counsel and develop more junior staff through delegation and on the job training
Skills and attributes for success
· Strategically and commercially aware
· Ability to build strong client relationships and committed to delivery of exceptional client service
· Excellent communicator in a range of situations both written and oral.
· Enthusiastic and flexible attitude to work
· Strong and motivated team player who integrates with new teams quickly
· Coaching and developing more junior staff
· Ability to identify areas of risk, carry out effective reviews and know when to refer upwards
· Effective time management - ability to remain calm when meeting deadlines
· Proven ability to analyse and create innovative solutions to problems
To qualify for the role you must have
· Experience in corporate tax with a large accountancy or law firm, HMRC or in-house tax team
· Any of the following preferred: ACA / ACCA / CA / CTA (or breadth of knowledge equivalent to CTA, e.g. law qualification)
· Graduate/graduate calibre or equivalent work experience
Ideally, you’ll also have
· Experience working within the financial services sector, but this is not necessary as sector specific training and on the job coaching will be available
· Previous people management
· Experience of coaching and developing more junior team members
What we look for
You’ll proactively maintain your technical knowledge by keeping abreast of developments in UK and international tax concepts and your awareness of issues affecting the financial services sector so that you can better advise our clients.
The types of project you’ll contribute towards may include:
· Tax reporting
· Tax compliance
· General advisory and applying new tax legislation
· Impact of regulation and regulatory reporting
· Tax due diligence and structuring advice
· Managing relationships with HMRC
In return we’ll provide investment in the right sort of training and offer you the opportunities on projects and assignments that will develop and challenge you so that you’re in the best place to further develop as tax professional.
Whatever the projects and assignments you work on you can be confident that you’re contributing towards helping our clients to develop and execute their international tax strategy ensuring technical excellence and providing the highest levels of client service.
What working at EY offers
We offer a competitive remuneration package where you’ll be rewarded for your individual and team performance. Our comprehensive Total Rewards package includes support for flexible working and career development, and with FlexEY you can select benefits that suit your needs, covering holidays, health and well-being, insurance, savings and a wide range of discounts, offers and promotions. Plus, we offer:
· Support and coaching from some of the most engaging colleagues around
· Opportunities to develop new skills and progress your career
· The freedom and flexibility to handle your role in a way that’s right for you
EY is committed to being an inclusive employer and we are happy to consider flexible working arrangements. We strive to achieve the right balance for our people, enabling us to deliver excellent client service whilst allowing you to build your career without sacrificing your personal priorities. While our client-facing professionals can be required to travel regularly, and at times be based at client sites, our flexible working arrangements can help you to achieve a lifestyle balance.
As a global leader in assurance, tax, transaction and advisory services, we’re using the finance products, expertise and systems we’ve developed to build a better working world. That starts with a culture that believes in giving you the training, opportunities and creative freedom to make things better. Whenever you join, however long you stay, the exceptional EY experience lasts a lifetime. And with a commitment to hiring and developing the most passionate people, we’ll make our ambition to be the best employer by 2020 a reality.
If you can confidently demonstrate that you meet the criteria above, please contact us as soon as possible.
Join us in building a better working world.
Here are some other vacancies your might like
About Ernst & Young
Ernst & Young, désormais nommé EY, est l'un des premiers cabinets d'audit au monde. Il est spécialisé en audit financier et conseil comptable, en droit et fiscalité, en conseil (en management, en stratégie, marketing et innovation, en technologie), et en transactions. EY, dont les origines remontent aux années 1890, est aujourd'hui présent dans le monde entier avec près de 175 000 collaborateurs. Ces derniers sont spécialisés dans 26 domaines d'activité, de l'automobile aux télécommunications en passant par la grande distribution, la banque ou encore l'assurance.
Régulièrement présent sur les forums des universités, écoles de commerce et écoles d'ingénieurs, EY propose tous les ans environ 500 offres de stages, et embauche également de jeunes diplômés pour ses 737 bureaux dans le monde (dont 14 en France) pour des postes d'auditeur financier, consultant (SI, stratégie, transactions, conseil financier) ou encore avocat débutant.