We are the only professional services organisation who has a separate business dedicated exclusively to the financial services marketplace. Join Financial Services (FSO) and you will work with multi-disciplinary teams from around the world to deliver a global perspective. Aligned to key industry groups including asset management, banking and capital markets, insurance and private equity, we provide integrated advisory, assurance, tax, and transaction services.
As part of the Financial Services Risk Management (FSRM) practice and you will provide a well-integrated broad array of risk management services to capital market participants within global banking, capital markets, asset management and insurance. FSRM products and services include Anti-Money Laundering, Regulatory Compliance, Prudential Supervision, Bank Holding Company reporting, Credit Risk/ Capital Adequacy/ Liquidity Risk, Market Risk, Operational Risk, Enterprise Risk, Structured Finance and Quantitative Advisory Services.
Your key responsibilities
As a FSRM Associate/Senior Associate, you'll technically contribute to FS Risk Management engagements. You will work effectively as a team member sharing the responsibility, providing support, maintaining communication, and updating engagement senior team members on progress. You’ll also contributing in building valuable relationships with external clients and maintain close working relationship with internal peers. In addition, you'll contribute to presentations and provide support to the development of proposals.
You'll serve as a role model to junior team members for quality & risk management and ensure that junior team members are aware and understand and comply with Ernst & Young's Quality & Risk Management guidelines. As an Associate/Senior Associate, you'll also communicate effectively with junior team members and help cultivating them to becoming a high performer.
Skills and attributes for success
· Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
· Strong drive to excel professionally, and to guide and motivate others
· Advanced written and verbal communication skills
· Dedicated, innovative, resourceful, analytical and able to work under pressure
· Foster an efficient, innovative and team-oriented work environment
To qualify for the role you must have
· Strong educational background from a top institution, quantitative/ finance/ economics/ actuarial programme
· Minimum 2 years of relevant experience in any of the following areas:
· Basel 2 / 3 or Solvency 2
· Credit Risk, Market Risk, Operational Risk, Liquidity Risk and Interest Rate Risk Management
· Quantitative modeling: credit risk rating models, Value at Risk, economic capital models, stress testing, RAROC, hedging
· Credit life cycle understanding, and experience in credit rating & analysis and approvals process
· Risk policies and procedures in credit, market, operational risks
· Treasury management, e.g. ALM, transfer pricing and hedging
· Experience in working in a project-based, team-oriented environment, ideally consulting, with a proven track record of delivering in fast-paced and demanding environments
· Experience in analytical and risk management tools/systems (e.g. SAS, Murex, VBA, MATLAB)
· Demonstrate strong planning, execution and reporting skills
· Analytical skills; specifically, the ability to assess and decompose financial services industry processes utilizing a risk and control focus
Ideally, you’ll also have
· Professional certifications in FRM, CFA
What we look for
Highly motivated individuals with excellent problem-solving skills and the ability to prioritize shifting workloads in a rapidly changing industry. An effective communicator, you’ll be a confident team player equipped with strong people management skills and a genuine passion to make things happen in a dynamic organization. If you’re ready to take on a wide range of responsibilities, and are committed to seeking out new ways to make a difference, this role is for you.
What working at EY offers
EY offers a competitive remuneration package commensurate with your work experience where you’ll be rewarded for your individual and team performance. We are committed to being an inclusive employer and are happy to consider flexible working arrangements, where this may be needed, guided by our FWA Policy. Plus, we offer:
· Continuous learning: You’ll develop the mindset and skills to navigate whatever comes next.
· Success as defined by you: We’ll provide the tools and flexibility, so you can make a meaningful impact, your way.
· Transformative leadership: We’ll give you the insights, coaching and confidence to be the leader the world needs.
· Diverse and inclusive culture: You’ll be embraced for who you are and empowered to use your voice to help others find theirs.
If you can demonstrate that you meet the criteria above, please contact us as soon as possible.
The exceptional EY experience. It’s yours to build.
EY | Building a better working world
EY exists to build a better working world, helping to create long-term value for clients, people and society and build trust in the capital markets.
Enabled by data and technology, diverse EY teams in over 150 countries provide trust through assurance and help clients grow, transform and operate.
Working across assurance, consulting, law, strategy, tax and transactions, EY teams ask better questions to find new answers for the complex issues facing our world today.