Advisory Services Senior – Financial Services – Insurance and Actuarial Advisory Services – Life & Health – Advisory
EY is the only professional services firm with a separate business unit ('FSO') that is dedicated to the financial services marketplace. Our FSO teams have been at the forefront of every event that has reshaped and redefined the financial services industry. If you have a passion for rallying together to solve the most complex challenges in the financial services industry, come join our dynamic FSO team!
Right from the start you’ll be working on multiple projects for high-profile brands - so you’ll need excellent time management skills. It’s a highly collaborative department, so you can expect support, advice and opportunities to grow both personally and professionally. If you’re ready to rise to the challenge of meeting clients directly to provide meaningful business insights, with the potential for significant travel, there’s no better place to progress within the industry.
Your key responsibilities
It’s all about providing the knowledge our clients need to execute strategies and resolve complex issues. You will participate on client engagement teams in a wide variety of areas including:
· Financial Reporting
· Risk Management
· Actuarial Transformation®
· Financial Modeling
· Retirement Income and Pension Risk Transfer
· Mergers and Acquisitions
· Actuarial Tax
· Customer Analytics and Predictive Modeling
· Managed Services
· Audit Support
Skills and attributes for success
· Establish relationships with client personnel at appropriate levels. Consistently deliver quality client services.
· Monitor progress, manage risk and ensure key stakeholders are kept informed about progress and expected outcomes. Stay abreast of current business, regulatory and industry trends relevant to the client's business.
· Demonstrate in-depth technical actuarial capabilities and professional knowledge. Demonstrate ability to assimilate new knowledge. Possess good business acumen. Remain current on new developments in advisory services capabilities and industry knowledge.
· Commit to developing a strong personal brand by staying informed regarding economic/market developments and their impact on the firm's clients. Continually progress towards attaining professional credentials from the Society of Actuaries and/or other industry organizations.
To qualify for the role you must have
· Bachelor's degree in Actuarial Science, Mathematics, Statistics, and/or other related major.
· A minimum of 2 years’ experience in an actuarial-oriented position.
· Actively pursuing Fellowship in the Society of Actuaries, with a minimum of 3 actuarial exams passed.
· Proficiency in the use of spreadsheets and actuarial-related software, including AXIS, Prophet, ALFA, MOSES, VBA, C++ or other actuarial related software.
· Strong writing, presentation, conceptual, analytical, and interpersonal skills.
Ideally, you’ll also have
· Willingness to travel 40% to meet client needs.
What we look for
We’re most interested in intellectually curious actuaries with a clear passion for actuarial work. You’ll also need to be a great communicator, as well as flexible in the face of often rapidly changing projects.
What working at EY offers
We offer a competitive compensation package where you’ll be rewarded based on your performance and recognized for the value you bring to our business. In addition, our Total Rewards package includes medical and dental coverage, pension and 401(k) plans, a minimum of 18 days of paid time off plus 12 observed holidays and a range of programs and benefits designed to support your physical, financial and social well-being. Plus, we offer:
· Support and coaching from some of the most engaging colleagues in the industry
· Opportunities to develop new skills and progress your career
· The freedom and flexibility to handle your role in a way that’s right for you
As a global leader in assurance, tax, transaction and advisory services, we hire and develop the most passionate people in their field to help build a better working world. This starts with a culture that believes in giving you the training, opportunities and creative freedom to make things better. So that whenever you join, however long you stay, the exceptional EY experience lasts a lifetime.
If you can confidently demonstrate that you meet the criteria above, please contact us as soon as possible.
Make your mark. Apply today
EY provides equal employment opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, or any other legally protected basis, in accordance with applicable law.