Location: Ernst & Young LLP, City Gate, St James' Blvd, Newcastle upon Tyne, Tyne and Wear NE1 4JD
The EY UK & Ireland (UKI) Advisory practice is looking to expand its presence in the North East supporting some of our most prestigious clients, which covers a broad spectrum of private sector organisations many of whom are household names and at the leading edge of product and service innovation in a fast-changing world. In support of this, our Newcastle office is aiming to recruit ambitious, driven candidates who want a challenging and stimulating role.
This is an exciting opportunity in a growing business and as such offers excellent career development prospects.
Your key responsibilities:
Working as part of a client facing Advisory team you will be delivering transformation projects that enable our clients to adapt to changing market conditions and remain competitive. As a project analyst you will apply a combination of strong analytical and interpersonal skills to solve complex problems and deliver these solutions in to line operations. This will encompass the full project life cycle from design through to implementation.
Skills and attributes for success:
• Ability to deliver with minimum supervision and act of own initiative
• Ability to build rapport and relationships with individuals at all levels irrespective of background
• Ability to communicate confidently, clearly and concisely in both oral and written forms
• Ability to manage the demands of working on projects and demonstrate leadership when required
• Aptitude to be service orientated and appreciation for what it means to be client-facing and represent our Firm in everything that you do
• Good analytical skills and ability to translate real life challenges into technology solutions
• Enjoy working as part of a team and achieving shared goals and objectives
• Experience of working within a professional environment in a financial/commercial capacity would be an advantage
To qualify for the role you must be:
• Interested in building a role in finance and consultancy
• Keen to face new challenges and learn new skills
• Organised and be able to prioritise
• Flexible, adaptable and capable of performing under pressure
• Competent in the use of IT and a curious problem solver
• You must be eligible to work in the UK and willing to travel
• Degree qualified and interested in studying CIMA
What we look for:
Previous exposure to Advisory services is not a requirement. Applications are therefore invited from ambitious people who meet the above criteria.
This role would be suited to a graduate looking to start a career in Finance or someone who already has some exposure to a professional Finance function / existing skills in this area and would like to build upon their experience.
If you can confidently demonstrate that you meet the criteria above, please contact us as soon as possible.
Make your mark.
Who we are
EY is committed to being an inclusive employer and we are happy to consider flexible working arrangements. We strive to achieve the right balance for our people, enabling us to deliver excellent client service whilst allowing you to build your career without sacrificing your personal priorities. While our client-facing professionals can be required to travel regularly, and at times be based at client sites, our flexible working arrangements can help you to achieve a lifestyle balance.
About Ernst & Young
Ernst & Young, désormais nommé EY, est l'un des premiers cabinets d'audit au monde. Il est spécialisé en audit financier et conseil comptable, en droit et fiscalité, en conseil (en management, en stratégie, marketing et innovation, en technologie), et en transactions. EY, dont les origines remontent aux années 1890, est aujourd'hui présent dans le monde entier avec près de 175 000 collaborateurs. Ces derniers sont spécialisés dans 26 domaines d'activité, de l'automobile aux télécommunications en passant par la grande distribution, la banque ou encore l'assurance.
Régulièrement présent sur les forums des universités, écoles de commerce et écoles d'ingénieurs, EY propose tous les ans environ 500 offres de stages, et embauche également de jeunes diplômés pour ses 737 bureaux dans le monde (dont 14 en France) pour des postes d'auditeur financier, consultant (SI, stratégie, transactions, conseil financier) ou encore avocat débutant.